collapse

Author Topic: Well,yes, I'm here  (Read 2081 times)

Stranger Things

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Buddhist/Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her-they/their
Well,yes, I'm here
« on: April 04, 2021, 03:00:07 pm »
I'm over 50, kind of female, cat mother, nature girl - just moved back to a village. I haven't been all that active in spellwork for years due to lots of reasons but now is the right time to do more again. I'm Buddhist as well, although here,too, I have let things slide due to lots of reasons. My grandmother was adamant on only using spells/Tarot readings etc if you have a true purpose or need, and I do not see the need for it as often as others it seems. I also had some abilities run wild as a kid which led to me locking them away mostly.

I have been taught things differently from what most pagans seem to see as given, as a kid, especially regarding the elements, rituals, some plant use etc so with the arrival of the internet I was often confused as to how others do magic.

I'm on the autism continuum, so my ways of saying stuff might come over weird at times. I might disappear for months at a time when the net is too much for me. Oh and I do indeed wear glasses like the avatar I got.

Nice to meet you all.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Well,yes, I'm here
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 03:33:54 pm »
Nice to meet you all.

Hi and welcome -- nice to meet you too   :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:31:55 pm »
I'm over 50, kind of female, cat mother, nature girl - just moved back to a village. I haven't been all that active in spellwork for years due to lots of reasons but now is the right time to do more again. I'm Buddhist as well, although here,too, I have let things slide due to lots of reasons. My grandmother was adamant on only using spells/Tarot readings etc if you have a true purpose or need, and I do not see the need for it as often as others it seems. I also had some abilities run wild as a kid which led to me locking them away mostly.

I have been taught things differently from what most pagans seem to see as given, as a kid, especially regarding the elements, rituals, some plant use etc so with the arrival of the internet I was often confused as to how others do magic.

I'm on the autism continuum, so my ways of saying stuff might come over weird at times. I might disappear for months at a time when the net is too much for me. Oh and I do indeed wear glasses like the avatar I got.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forum!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Helix109

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Vetus Religio
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 04:50:11 am »

Nice to meet you all.

Hello, nice to meet you. I was confused for years on terminology, meaning and practice (Theurgy, which I learned about four years ago from reading very old books). I think a lot of people just don't read enough, although that seems to be changing with the internet.
I too am on the spectrum. The doc used to think I was catatonic because of my tendency to isolate or being unable to meet with certain groups of people (in real life.)

Stranger Things

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Buddhist/Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her-they/their
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 04:36:31 pm »
The doc used to think I was catatonic because of my tendency to isolate or being unable to meet with certain groups of people (in real life.)

Yeah I was referred to a psychologist because I was "just sitting there" not interacting, while in my head Iwas elsewhere having adventures or playing games in my head.

BugNsneakers

• I'll get back 2U
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 01:22:14 pm »

Nice to meet you all.
Hi, and welcome. I'm new too.
Sounds like you are uniquely blessed in your powers. That's wonderful because we are all unique cells alive in the sacred spirit that manifests our illusion that is this world.

We are the power.  :)
Goddess Bless,
B.

"Let not your spirit be saddened by the times, for the Holy and Great One has appointed days for all things."

Tags: