collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Still trying to figure it all out  (Read 1471 times)

Flame

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Still trying to figure it all out
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:45:19 pm »
Hello! The members of chat may have seen me around as 'Guest1' today, or, as they called me, Fred. (Don't ask.)

I am Flame. I am still on the journey of trying to figure everything out, but I don't think that journey really ends for everyone. I'm atheist, and I am quite skeptical of most things, but I think having some sort of religion or spiritual thing would help me to cope with life in general. I think a lot of pagans are the same way, at least I get the general impression.

My username has nothing to do with FlameKeeping, by the way. I'm just quite fond of candles and such.

I have, at least right now, interest in runes, candle magic, and crystals. I'm not sure what else yet.

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Re: Still trying to figure it all out
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:47:21 pm »
Quote from: Flame;88349
I have, at least right now, interest in runes, candle magic, and crystals. I'm not sure what else yet.

Welcome, Flame. :)

You'll be glad to know that many Pagan paths are more interested in what you do, rather than what you believe. I was an atheist Pagan for a few years and I still maintain a high degree of skepticality. In my opinion, a religion totally devoid of skepticism isn't very good for functioning in the real world.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 11:48:52 pm »
Hello! The members of chat may have seen me around as 'Guest1' today, or, as they called me, Fred. (Don't ask.)

I am Flame. I am still on the journey of trying to figure everything out, but I don't think that journey really ends for everyone. I'm atheist, and I am quite skeptical of most things, but I think having some sort of religion or spiritual thing would help me to cope with life in general. I think a lot of pagans are the same way, at least I get the general impression.

My username has nothing to do with FlameKeeping, by the way. I'm just quite fond of candles and such.

Em hotep! Namaste!

Hope you enjoy your stay here at the Cauldron. :) Good luck finding your path.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Flame

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 11:50:09 pm »
Quote from: Shine;88352
Em hotep! Namaste!

Hope you enjoy your stay here at the Cauldron. :) Good luck finding your path.

I just want to say, I know Em hotep is a kemetic thing, but everytime I see it for some reason I wanna spell it backwards, but I get confused because what does Petoh Me mean? :)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:20:42 am »

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find what you're looking for. I don't think there's anything wrong with pursuing religion for purely pragmatic reasons. :)
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:24:26 am »
Quote from: Flame;88353
but I get confused because what does Petoh Me mean? :)

It means somebody didn't read the hieroglyphs correctly. ;) :D:
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 12:30:59 am »

Welcome to TC, Raxacoricofallapatorius! ;)
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Still trying to figure it all out
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 12:35:02 am »

Welcome! I know several atheist Pagans. It seems to work for quite a lot of people.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Forest Lady

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 02:30:21 am »
Hello!  .... they called me, Fred. (Don't ask.)

Hello Fred Flame!

Glad you are here. I am new as well. So far I've found this to be a very warm and helpful group.

Welcome!
~ Forest Lady ~

NorthernangelNimya

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 02:38:43 am »

Welcome to the Cauldron!

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 07:15:39 am »

Hi Fred!  I mean Flame!  (btw, don't worry - ALL guests in chat are Fred until proven otherwise.  it's a silly place. *nodnod*)

and if you ever figure EVERYTHING out, you'll know you got it wrong. ;)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 08:08:39 am »

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 04:59:11 pm »

Welcome. :)

I think you're right, that journey never really ends for anyone. But you learn a lot on the way around. You may take a bit of solace in knowing that over the years I've actually found a lot of correlations between spiritual beliefs worldwide and a lot of new scientific understandings of natural phenomena (astronomical, biological, chemical, even basic human biochemical and biological systems). Sometime we just need to look a bit deeper and find the details. :)

Tags: