Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: SMF Board Members -- (Re)Introduce Yourself Here  (Read 18468 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: SMF Board Members -- (Re)Introduce Yourself Here
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2011, 01:50:03 pm »
Quote from: Kayah;2530
Hello, I am Kayah. I was Kayah previously, and the time before that, I think, and on the board(s?) before that I am pretty sure I was fairyelf, or farenath, or something. Or maybe Kayah there too.

You've been Kayah for a good while, as I recall -- maybe since the second Beehive board? Anyway, welcome! It's always good to see you.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

treekisser

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;253
If you were an active member of our old SMF board (active February 2007 through June 2011), post in here and give a quick Intro. Please mention your "display name" on the  old SMF Board if it is different from what you are known as here.  Thanks!

Hello, treekisser here - have been hanging around TC under the same name circa Beehive. I've just finished uni and now spend my days bumming, er, applying for jobs. Not pagan as such but mystically-inclined, with the occasional sense that I should start up a joint venture with Thoth. Am a persistent procrastinator when it comes to spiritual stuff, though now my excuse has changed from 'I'm pulling an all-nighter!' to 'I'm trying out a new recipe from BBC Good Food and the fire alarm's gone off!'

Smoked haddock and spinach gratins, anyone? Very smoked, I might add.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:26:20 pm by treekisser »

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:45 pm »
Quote from: treekisser;2735

Smoked haddock and spinach gratins, anyone? Very smoked, I might add.

Reminds me of my days in the apartment. When the fire alarm went off, my neighbors knew my dinner was ready...
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

JuniperMorgan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2011, 09:07:18 pm »
If you were an active member of our old SMF board (active February 2007 through June 2011), post in here and give a quick Intro. Please mention your "display name" on the  old SMF Board if it is different from what you are known as here.  Thanks!

For ease, I kept the same display name as I had on the old SMF Board.  Not sure what else to say here, as I suck as the whole "about me" type of stuff.  I'm a devotee first of Brighid, but also of a few others that have tapped me on my shoulder along the way down this path.  I am a furmom to currently 2 dogs and 13 cats (only because a cat recently had kittens - the number will be back down as soon as they're all responsibly adopted out).  A writer, and homemaker.  My primary job is keeping my lovely wife alive - she's a disable vet and does her best to make it a challenging job! (I swear she has no sense of self-preservation, but she's a devotee of Loki so I suppose that goes without saying.)  Anything else you want to know...just ask.  I'll answer pretty much anything.
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

Owl

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Other
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2011, 09:29:21 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;365
We moved to a new board solely to give you a chance to do another intro. No need to thank me. :p ::running very fast::

Then I suppose I should do one too.

Owl, also Owl most recently on SMF.  Started with TC maybe in 2001?  or 2002.  I'm an accountant which I find boring but it pays well.  I have 2 grown children, and a long term SO with 2 grown children.  I was raised Catholic but it never clicked, and was reading about witchcraft by 11 years old (1969) and bought a pack of tarot cards at 14.  

Currently I am a combo of hedgewitch and other.  I kinda make it up as I go along.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2011, 09:31:26 pm »
Quote from: treekisser;2735

I like the avatar. :cool:
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »

I guess I should have paid more attention and posted in this thread instead of a new one ( I am dork )

I posted on the old board under FallenSaynte/Vyktor.

I came to the Cauldron at a really desperate and searching point of my life. I came looking for some answers to the many questions I had. I met a lot of great people but also learned that "pagans" are not all the great "enlightened" bunch certain publishing companies make them out to be. They are other people looking for answers just like I was - that was a great source of comfort to me.
I found my path here and it has been awesome. I honestly think that if it were not for the Cauldron I may never have come across Gwyddonics as its not one of the "big" pagan religions. It has changed so many things in my life and I owe that to this place.

I kinda come and go here as I am a father of 4 crazy kids and life just gets a bit nuts at times.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Owl

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Other
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;2785
I like the avatar. :cool:

I didn't use it for a while because I forgot the photobucket address I had it at (non of my other pictures are on line), but with this forum I can upload it from my computer.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Jane

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2011, 08:42:27 am »

Hi, I'm Jane, was Jane C on the old board, because plain Jane had already been taken.  I've been reading the cauldron off and on for years, but I only joined a year or so ago. I don't post much, but I read quite a bit.

I'm a heathen from Minnesota, officially about 5 years, but it feels like my whole life. I'm pretty bad at intro's so this is it.

Adele

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2011, 01:14:49 am »

Hi! I've been some version of Adele for a long time and I'm in and out as time and life permit. I lurk way more than comment.

I read nearly anything I can get my hands on but I'm especially fond of Science Fiction and Fantasy. (Yay! Dance of Dragons ANY DAY NOW!) I love Arts & Crafts but everything I own is in the garage in boxes since my sister moved in and took over my spare bedroom.

I am a pagan of an eclectic variety and I'm a horrible speller. I am greek influenced but am also pulled to the norse. I'm 31 and I've been at this since I was 19 or so. I've been married 14 years and have a cat and a half (my sister's cat also moved in with us and since sister is gone more than here the cat is part ours now.)

I work less than part time and the rest of the time I'm supposedly a homemaker....I do the laundry and take out the trash. I like learning things and have amazing amounts of useless information. :D

Good to see everyone!

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2011, 12:46:05 pm »
Hi,

I was Waldfrau on the SMF board. I registered in 2007, that's when I started to research pagan stuff seriously. Now I'm an eclectic polytheistic witch practising and exploring different stuff. I'm interested in Reclaiming, but also in other traditions - not necessarily to join. I explore deities from different pantheons, divination, herbs, magic, don't feel like a newbie anymore, but not like an old hand either.

At the moment I'm active in different groups, one is a German online group devoted to work through the 'Twelve Wild Swans' (a reclaiming book), others are the Lady-of-the-Stars-group and the 'Door through the Sky' here. I'm also active in my local pagan community, but not in a coven or any other formal group, mostly doing stuff with friends or attending open pagan events and moots.

I'm living in the Ruhr-area in Germany (which has quite some Pagans because it is the most densly populated area in Germany). I'm in my late 20ies and work in adult education. I have a degree in History and German literature and language studies.

In my freetime I love watching Star Trek, reading (yeah, hard core trekkie here, nerd and proud of it) or I spend my time outside walking / hiking. I'm also interested in martial arts, but since I started working and moved away from the martial arts school I attended I didn't manage to get back to it. At the moment I'm trying out beginner Yoga and just jogging, trying to get slowly back into at least some form of exercise.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2011, 02:03:07 am »
If you were an active member of our old SMF board (active February 2007 through June 2011), post in here and give a quick Intro.

Only recently started on the old board, but the name is the still annie roonie. It was a pet name my grandmother called me. I misspelled it. She called me after the song of that name as well as the comic strip character that came after.

I'm in my 40s and I teach teenagers. I study things in binges and use everything I can to enhance teaching. But this current neopagan study has more variety on the buffet compared to anything else so far. And it has struck a deeper and more personal chord in me than any other study I have done.

I was raised somewhat Catholic. But my family has always been different. Each of us has had an undiscussed thing - belief - ability perhaps. Except since I have been studying and seeing some of those things discussed, I have realized there are others of our kind. And darned if they aren't organized.

Currently I am experiencing mental whiplash. I've learned new names for things I have grown up with here. It's all a bit strange. New and not new. I don't what my religion is, but I know I have always lived it.

I came to TC after lurking in several forums. The experience levels here, the depth of knowledge, the compassion, the scholarship, humor and what I find to be a calming pragmatism make me feel safe here.

Mithril

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2011, 10:38:02 am »

Hi! I'm finally back! :D
I'm still Mithril. I was raised Presbyterian and turned Pagan when I was 14 (I'm now 19). My parents *know* but it's still the unmentionable topic.

I spent last year in France and during that time practiced very little witchcraft, so this summer I'll hopefully get back in the habit before I head off to college. In college I'm probably going to major in Environmental Science and Biology.

In my spare time I read, play violin, ice skate, garden, go to Irish sessions, paint, and do yoga. That's a lot. No wonder I don't have much time for magic... XD

I'm also the Teen Pagan Sig leader.

Eryessa

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:12 pm »

Hi, I changed my name since coming over. I was Amaris on the other board, but I opted for my new name because I like it better. Actually, Amaris is my birth name, I'm often called Amy by friends and family.

I began my search when I was eighteen, initially around the age of fifteen but I was apart of a Penticostal church that I was force to go to. I hated church, it soon started after I was told that animals would never go to Heaven. I'm thinking about my aging rat Snow at the time. I loved her with all my heart and I became angry that animals couldn't go to heaven. So I began to think for a moment and see what I wanted to learn. I realized that every Halloween I was a witch, for as long as I could remember. So I researched witches and found that it seemed right.

Since then I have been an ecclectic pagan, leaning more towards Santeria and Vodou practices, but I follow my ancestral roots, Celtic and Germanic in nature as well. I love learning about different cultures, I like the odd and strange things that are thought to be taboo, I even watch that show Taboo on NatGeo all the time. I like to learn as much as I can in all things, well the things that interest me are not the same that interest others. I like useless facts as well.
I am a FanFiction writer: Eryessa: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3054205/Eryessa
I\'m a Fiction Press writer: Eryessa: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/866606/Eryessa

darashand

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2011, 10:16:56 pm »
Quote from: Eryessa;4836

Hi, I'm darashand or Dara and have been for some time now.  

I really like smileys :D

I grew up Christian and rejected it when I started to realize that I would never find the answers I needed, so I left that faith when I was 18.

My current path began as ecclectic witchcraft and evolved into a Neo-Druidry which involves both Celtic and Germanic elements. I am a member of ADF and am SIG Leader of the Neo-Druidry folder here at TC.

I am currently working my way through a dual degree of Accounting and English.  I pursue creativity and spontaneity whenever I can.

Tags: