Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: East + West  (Read 1975 times)

Green Sky

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
East + West
« on: October 31, 2020, 03:51:54 pm »
Hi, I'm Green Sky.

My general age is late 20s to early 30s.

I was born and raised in The Valley [San Fernando Valley California] and I've spent my whole adult life in Orange County.

I spend my time reading books, studying for fun.

I'm half Asian and half White. My mother is Asian.

And so, like my ethnicity, my religious and spiritual stuff is mixed. I was raised an Animist-Buddhist by my Asian family, and I still am half Buddhist. "Half Buddhist" meaning that even if I'm not a Buddhist, my Asian culture is still Buddhist.

The Western half of me became interested in Witchcraft when I was 13, and when I turned 14 I read The Satanic Bible and have been a Satanist ever since. 

I am also a member of the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids. I'm currently merely a Bard. I like Druidry and I'd like to learn more about it, the ancient Druids as well as the contemporary neo-Druids.

My spiritual practices consists of understanding that all things in nature have a spirit/mind (the animist in me). I practice meditation (the Buddhist in me). I see the world as a non-theist and from the perspective of materialism (the Buddhist and Satanist in me). And I practice what I've learned as a Bard of a neo-druid group (the Pagan in me). And I practice magic and sorcery with the spirits of nature (the animist and pagan in me).

I like cartomancy. I read poker cards. I also like to read the Lenormand cards as well as the Italian Sibilla.

My hobby is reading. I love to read. I have a personal goal of reading 1000 Kindle books. Right now, I have bought and read 828. It's an expensive hobby :)

That's it. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Hope to meet and get to know some of you!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:54:51 pm by Green Sky »

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: East + West
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 08:18:25 pm »
Hi, I'm Green Sky.

I was born and raised in The Valley [San Fernando Valley California] and I've spent my whole adult life in Orange County.

And so, like my ethnicity, my religious and spiritual stuff is mixed. I was raised an Animist-Buddhist by my Asian family, and I still am half Buddhist. "Half Buddhist" meaning that even if I'm not a Buddhist, my Asian culture is still Buddhist.

The Western half of me became interested in Witchcraft when I was 13, and when I turned 14 I read The Satanic Bible and have been a Satanist ever since. 

I am also a member of the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids. I'm currently merely a Bard. I like Druidry and I'd like to learn more about it, the ancient Druids as well as the contemporary neo-Druids.

My spiritual practices consists of understanding that all things in nature have a spirit/mind (the animist in me). I practice meditation (the Buddhist in me). I see the world as a non-theist and from the perspective of materialism (the Buddhist and Satanist in me). And I practice what I've learned as a Bard of a neo-druid group (the Pagan in me). And I practice magic and sorcery with the spirits of nature (the animist and pagan in me).

I like cartomancy. I read poker cards. I also like to read the Lenormand cards as well as the Italian Sibilla.

My hobby is reading. I love to read. I have a personal goal of reading 1000 Kindle books. Right now, I have bought and read 828. It's an expensive hobby :)

That's it. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Hope to meet and get to know some of you!

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 08:19:10 pm »
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Hope to meet and get to know some of you!

Hello Green Sky, and welcome to TC  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 08:51:12 pm »
Hi, I'm Green Sky.

Welcome to TC, Green Sky!

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Green Sky

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 11:07:28 pm »
Hello and welcome!

Hello Green Sky, and welcome to TC  :)

Welcome to TC, Green Sky!

Thank you for the warm welcome you guys!

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 12:40:06 am »

Hello and welcome
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Green Sky

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 11:59:47 am »
Hello and welcome

Thank you sevensons!

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 12:05:52 pm »
Hi, I'm Green Sky.

Hello and welcome!

Green Sky

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 02:31:51 pm »
Hello and welcome!

Thanks Ashmire.

You guys seem like a bunch of easy going folks!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 04:38:05 pm »
Hi, I'm Green Sky.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Hope to meet and get to know some of you!

Hi, and nice to meet you

Green Sky

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 10:42:30 pm »
Hi, and nice to meet you

Hi Anon, it's nice to meet you too. See you in the forums!

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 10:43:48 pm »
Hi, I'm Green Sky.

Welcome to the forum!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Green Sky

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 02:26:40 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you Anubisa!

SirPalomides

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Surrealist with feet in Chinese and Western esotericism
  • Preferred Pronouns: thou/thee
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 09:42:22 am »
Hi, I'm Green Sky.

I have similar ethnic background, and mix a few things too. From the Asian side I take most of my inspiration from Daoism though I have a lot of respect for the Buddhist tradition, particularly the Huayan school. From the West I love Platonism and its various mutations over the centuries, including in Christianity. I also love Celtic mythology. More and more my spiritual inspiration comes from poetry and storytelling more than overtly religious expressions. Overall my favorite modern branch of western esotericism is surrealism.

Green Sky

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 12:27:37 am »
I have similar ethnic background, and mix a few things too. From the Asian side I take most of my inspiration from Daoism though I have a lot of respect for the Buddhist tradition, particularly the Huayan school. From the West I love Platonism and its various mutations over the centuries, including in Christianity. I also love Celtic mythology. More and more my spiritual inspiration comes from poetry and storytelling more than overtly religious expressions. Overall my favorite modern branch of western esotericism is surrealism.

Wow, similar ethnic background and spiritual background! Nice to meet you. My Asian family is mostly Chinese, so I do like Taoism and the folk Chinese culture. I live a couple miles from Hsi Lai Temple! I like Plato also, he contributed a lot to Christianity. I also like esoterism myself! We have a lot in common :)

Tags: