collapse

Author Topic: Pagan in the Bible Belt.  (Read 2111 times)

Arach

Pagan in the Bible Belt.
« on: May 02, 2013, 08:42:00 pm »
Hello,

You can call me Syn. I've been a pagan (Wiccan leaning, but more Celtic, general witchcraft pagan) since I was 18, I had always been interested in it but being raised in a Baptist home on my Fathers side and a Lutheran home on my mothers. I have very unique views, some of which don't usually correspond with one another. I'm a Libertarian, I love the survivalist/homesteading life style, and can't get enough of Technology. :D I love having a garden and growing all the food that I need, I feel it brings me closer to my faith and I know what is going into my families body. My passion for technology often finds me torn because I want to live more homestead style but I love computers, phones, games and OS. I love to computer program and web program, I have certifications in both. I also have an affinity for cars. But I guess everyone is complex. It is hard in this state to find people who have the same views as you and be able to talk about things, everything is so.........Christian. Not that it is a bad thing but in the city I work in there are only 54K people and over 113 churches in the general Vincenty all denominations of the same view. So it will be nice to have someone to talk to. I would love to start a coven in this area for gatherings and things, I have plenty of room at my place. I look forward to talking to everyone here and sharing information and views.

Blessed Be,

Syn.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Pagan in the Bible Belt.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:57:38 pm »
Quote from: Arach;107484
You can call me Syn. I've been a pagan (Wiccan leaning, but more Celtic, general witchcraft pagan) since I was 18....

Welcome to TC, Syn.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

DashesAgainst

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:38:14 pm »
Hello,

You can call me Syn. I've been a pagan (Wiccan leaning, but more Celtic, general witchcraft pagan) since I was 18,

Syn.

Welcome, Syn!  Glad you found us! :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:38:50 pm by DashesAgainst »
"Of all the rest of mankind, make him your friend who distinguishes himself by his virtue." - The Golden Verses of Pythagoras

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46:15 pm »
Hello,

You can call me Syn.

Welcome. :)

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 06:59:01 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;107486
Welcome to TC, Syn.

I was raised Baptist but one of sisters rebelled, became a pagan and taught me her beliefs. It's been a very stressful time in my life over all this. The hometown and the state I live in, in itself  is very religious/Baptist/Protestant leaning area and it's hard to be anything but that. I went through periods of totally hating Christianity and still hate the modern-day fundy side of it. I have been exposed to more liberal denominations such as Espicopalian so it's helped. I'm a Christopagan, but I've learned not even that identity saves you from persecution in the bible belt.
PrincessKLS

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 09:28:47 pm »

Hey fellow Libertarian! Welcome to TC! Have fun posting. :)
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Olivia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;145165
Hey fellow Libertarian! Welcome to TC! Have fun posting. :)

Welcome!!

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 01:18:19 pm »
Quote from: Olivia;145168

FYI: This intro thread is nearly a year old, and the OP hasn't been back since.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 01:53:02 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;145191
FYI: This intro thread is nearly a year old, and the OP hasn't been back since.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff

Oops. I guess I didn't see that. Thanks!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Ai

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 04:04:43 pm »
Hello,

You can call me Syn. I've been a pagan (Wiccan leaning, but more Celtic, general witchcraft pagan) since I was 18, I had always been interested in it but being raised in a Baptist home on my Fathers side and a Lutheran home on my mothers. I have very unique views, some of which don't usually correspond with one another. I'm a Libertarian, I love the survivalist/homesteading life style, and can't get enough of Technology. :D I love having a garden and growing all the food that I need, I feel it brings me closer to my faith and I know what is going into my families body. My passion for technology often finds me torn because I want to live more homestead style but I love computers, phones, games and OS. I love to computer program and web program, I have certifications in both. I also have an affinity for cars. But I guess everyone is complex. It is hard in this state to find people who have the same views as you and be able to talk about things, everything is so.........Christian. Not that it is a bad thing but in the city I work in there are only 54K people and over 113 churches in the general Vincenty all denominations of the same view. So it will be nice to have someone to talk to. I would love to start a coven in this area for gatherings and things, I have plenty of room at my place. I look forward to talking to everyone here and sharing information and views.

Blessed Be,

Syn.

I've lived in Mississippi and now live in rural *conservative* Arizona, so I feel your pain. Hehe. Good luck in your endeavors to start a coven where you're at. I've been mulling over the idea of getting together some sort of Unitarian Universalist group where I'm at. Just a coven would almost for sure be easier, but I like to see/hear from everyone.  It'd be nice, too, I think for people who are stuck here without a sangha, for example, to have at least some open minded people to talk to. :)

Tags: