Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: new & uncertain!  (Read 654 times)

shoemakerlevy9

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Agnostic
new & uncertain!
« on: January 22, 2021, 01:36:47 pm »
Hello! I'm Niamh, a college student & Environmental major.

I was raised Catholic but have always been personally agnostic, and I've recently felt the need to try to incorporate some form of spirituality in my life. Belief/faith in anything beyond the physical world has always been difficult for me to wrap my head around, and I honestly doubt that will change anytime soon, so I've been looking for an outlet for my spirituality that won't require that, if that makes sense? I've taken a few religious studies classes in college, and I found exploring religion from an academic perspective very rewarding, but I still want more. I often find the imagery and stories of a religion very spiritually fulfilling, and I have a lot of respect for all religions, but the actual faith part of it is uninteresting to me -- I don't find it particularly important for myself to have a clear answer for whether God(s)/the afterlife/etc exist or not.

Currently, I'm curious about atheopaganism/humanistic paganism and Discordianism, though I haven't explored those too deeply yet. I'm also interested in Jungian archetypes, possibly going in a soft polytheism direction (mostly based around historical syncretism, I really enjoy academic research if you couldn't tell). I've done chaos magic/tarot card reading, although I'm still a beginner, and these practices are entirely psychological for me.

I still feel that Catholicism inspires my spirituality a lot (which makes things extra-complicated) but for the past few years, I've felt very drawn to Brigid (mostly the goddess, but also the saint) in a way that I can only describe as spiritual. Recently, I've found certain imagery (not traditionally associated with Brigid) popping into my mind again and again, and, after looking into, found that it seems to be SPG (with even a little bit of historical evidence) for Brigid, so that has got me re-evaluating things :P

Thank you for reading, if you got all the way through haha!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:40:50 pm by shoemakerlevy9 »

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: new & uncertain!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 07:00:39 pm »

I was raised Catholic but have always been personally agnostic, and I've recently felt the need to try to incorporate some form of spirituality in my life. Belief/faith in anything beyond the physical world has always been difficult for me to wrap my head around, and I honestly doubt that will change anytime soon, so I've been looking for an outlet for my spirituality that won't require that, if that makes sense?

Makes total sense to me, I identify as spiritual but not religious but am also drawn to Neo-Druidry.

Welcome to TC  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 12:50:46 am »

I was raised Catholic but have always been personally agnostic, and I've recently felt the need to try to incorporate some form of spirituality in my life. Belief/faith in anything beyond the physical world has always been difficult for me to wrap my head around, and I honestly doubt that will change anytime soon, so I've been looking for an outlet for my spirituality that won't require that, if that makes sense? I've taken a few religious studies classes in college, and I found exploring religion from an academic perspective very rewarding, but I still want more. I often find the imagery and stories of a religion very spiritually fulfilling, and I have a lot of respect for all religions, but the actual faith part of it is uninteresting to me -- I don't find it particularly important for myself to have a clear answer for whether God(s)/the afterlife/etc exist or not.

Currently, I'm curious about atheopaganism/humanistic paganism and Discordianism, though I haven't explored those too deeply yet. I'm also interested in Jungian archetypes, possibly going in a soft polytheism direction (mostly based around historical syncretism, I really enjoy academic research if you couldn't tell). I've done chaos magic/tarot card reading, although I'm still a beginner, and these practices are entirely psychological for me.

I still feel that Catholicism inspires my spirituality a lot (which makes things extra-complicated) but for the past few years, I've felt very drawn to Brigid (mostly the goddess, but also the saint) in a way that I can only describe as spiritual. Recently, I've found certain imagery (not traditionally associated with Brigid) popping into my mind again and again, and, after looking into, found that it seems to be SPG (with even a little bit of historical evidence) for Brigid, so that has got me re-evaluating things :P

Thank you for reading, if you got all the way through haha!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 02:07:26 am »
I was raised Catholic but have always been personally agnostic,

Hello and welcome so your denoting being agnostic its up to you to find the path that you feel comfortable with.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Tags: