collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: New to the forum, not new to paganism  (Read 1131 times)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx345453

• View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
New to the forum, not new to paganism
« on: November 06, 2020, 08:09:08 pm »
Since my teens (maybe even before), I've been very interested and intrigued by the occult and paganism. Even as a child, I found the "otherworldly" interesting. However, as I grew up, I shed my fascination and decided none of that was real! Just fairy tales made up by our ancestors to satisfy our need to know why. Yet, here I am, as I've been for a while now, curious and needing that fascination in my life again. I used to love researching witchcraft, Wicca, different forms of paganism, the occult. I miss the connection I felt with myself and with the Divine (whatever that may be). I want that back and I guess that's why I'm here.

I plan to dig into this forum and find as much information as I can. I've read the 101 books, but I need so much more. I want to create a practice. I want to connect back to the earth, nature (in all its forms), my ancestors, the Divine, etc. I want to deepen my spirituality.

Thanks for reading :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx345453

• View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: New to the forum, not new to paganism
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 09:02:00 pm »
Since my teens (maybe even before), I've been very interested and intrigued by the occult and paganism. Even as a child, I found the "otherworldly" interesting. However, as I grew up, I shed my fascination and decided none of that was real! Just fairy tales made up by our ancestors to satisfy our need to know why. Yet, here I am, as I've been for a while now, curious and needing that fascination in my life again. I used to love researching witchcraft, Wicca, different forms of paganism, the occult. I miss the connection I felt with myself and with the Divine (whatever that may be). I want that back and I guess that's why I'm here.

I plan to dig into this forum and find as much information as I can. I've read the 101 books, but I need so much more. I want to create a practice. I want to connect back to the earth, nature (in all its forms), my ancestors, the Divine, etc. I want to deepen my spirituality.

I should also add, the 101 books I've read have been Wiccan based, which I don't really connect to. As far as I know (thanks to DNA testing), my ancestors are from Europe. I was able to trace my ancestry back to France, but possibly have ancestry from Spain and/or Portugal (plus I've been told I'm German and Irish, so who knows). I'd like to focus on sources explaining pre-Christian spiritual practices from areas that would have been France and Portugal (probably Celtic, but I've read that is a very broad term as well). I'm from the USA, and my family has lived in the south for a few generations, and I would feel uncomfortable trying to connect to the gods of this land, but I'd like to connect to the land itself and possibly the spirits of the land.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 04:04:46 pm »

Hi and welcome - I look forward to some interesting discussions   :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:35:15 pm »
I'd like to connect to the land itself and possibly the spirits of the land.
Hi and welcome if you want to connect to the land try putting your hands on a tree and say "take all my causes of weekness away". the tree should cut your week connections from you and leave you feeling healthy with a strong connection to mother Earth.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Tags: