Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: New Start, New Introduction!  (Read 2332 times)

CoyoteFeathers

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Vaguely Heathen-ish and PIE Reconstructionism
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
New Start, New Introduction!
« on: May 17, 2020, 06:51:58 pm »
Hey everyone! You can call me Seb, Coyote, Feathers, whatever else you'd like. She/her or they/them pronouns, doesn't matter which. As you can see by my post count, I'm not new to the forum, but I've been absent for a couple years now and have enough new to say to make another introduction.

I started my pagan journey in elementary school with some friends when we were all convinced that we were Charmed-brand fireball-throwing witches. Of course I grew out of that, never jived with my Protestant upbringing, tried Wicca (it didn't click), and meandered around for a long time without much direction.

As of late, I've found myself trending towards forms of ancestor worship. That involves building a tree of named ancestors, as far back as I can go (lucky me, my parents have already done most of the genealogical heavy lifting), looking into my DNA ancestry and finding where the population my ancestors were part of came from and migrated to, and researching their cultures and beliefs as much as possible.

Being primarily of British and a bit of French descent, I'm pretty much exclusively researching Germanic and Celtic peoples, though I like to go a bit further and try to dig into earlier Indo-European cultures as well. Just learning about my ancestors' lives and who they were is satisfying in a spiritual way, but I'd also like to start incorporating aspects of their religions into my own ritual. I haven't clicked with any deities yet, but currently I feel a bit more connected with the Celtic ones than the Germanic.

So that's my spiel, hopefully I stick around for a bit this time!

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: New Start, New Introduction!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 08:36:35 pm »
Hey everyone! You can call me Seb, Coyote, Feathers, whatever else you'd like. She/her or they/them pronouns, doesn't matter which. As you can see by my post count, I'm not new to the forum, but I've been absent for a couple years now and have enough new to say to make another introduction.

I started my pagan journey in elementary school with some friends when we were all convinced that we were Charmed-brand fireball-throwing witches. Of course I grew out of that, never jived with my Protestant upbringing, tried Wicca (it didn't click), and meandered around for a long time without much direction.

As of late, I've found myself trending towards forms of ancestor worship. That involves building a tree of named ancestors, as far back as I can go (lucky me, my parents have already done most of the genealogical heavy lifting), looking into my DNA ancestry and finding where the population my ancestors were part of came from and migrated to, and researching their cultures and beliefs as much as possible.

Being primarily of British and a bit of French descent, I'm pretty much exclusively researching Germanic and Celtic peoples, though I like to go a bit further and try to dig into earlier Indo-European cultures as well. Just learning about my ancestors' lives and who they were is satisfying in a spiritual way, but I'd also like to start incorporating aspects of their religions into my own ritual. I haven't clicked with any deities yet, but currently I feel a bit more connected with the Celtic ones than the Germanic.

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 09:46:56 am »

I'm unsure whether 'welcome back' is the correct thing to say so I'll say, good to see you here :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 09:13:24 pm »
<snip>

I'm happy to see you active again!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

CoyoteFeathers

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Vaguely Heathen-ish and PIE Reconstructionism
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 11:29:24 am »
Thanks everyone for the welcome backs!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tags: