collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: New Kid in Town  (Read 770 times)

Feral Wife

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
New Kid in Town
« on: January 10, 2018, 02:47:34 pm »
Hello everyone!

I am a NE native and have been away from home on and off for the last several years. I have just recently moved back and there is not a lot that has stayed the same surprisingly. Friends have moved, family has passed or relocated, peoples' lives have changed and I'm back in the middle of an unfamiliar life.

I am reaching out to a forum because as a millennial in the internet age it seems like the most logical thing to do.

I don't know much about paganism, wicca, spirituality in general, but its always been something I've been drawn to. I guess I am here to learn more about it, and myself, and to meet like minded people to connect with.

I know my username suggests otherwise, but I am a guy lol.

Not quite sure what else to include in this. I guess if you wanted to know anything else don't be afraid to ask! <3KJ

TransporterMalfunction

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: New Kid in Town
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 03:10:07 pm »
Hello everyone!

Welcome to The Cauldron, Feral! I hope it can be a good jumping point for figuring out your path.
Remember how long you’ve been putting this off, how many extensions the gods gave you, and you didn’t use them. At some point you have to recognize what world it is that you belong to; what power rules it and from what source you spring; that there is a limit to the time assigned to you, and if you don’t use it to free yourself it will be gone and will never return. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book II

Altair

• Adept Member
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:19:37 pm »

Welcome to the Cauldron! How'd you pick your user name?
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Feral Wife

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 03:28:33 pm »
Welcome to the Cauldron! How'd you pick your user name?
My friends always joke with me that I would make a good "housewife" (I like to grow plants/herbs, I cook a lot, keep a clean house etc.) and my response is that I'm "too feral to be domestic." So Feral Wife has been my username for a lot of things for a while :)

Feral Wife

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 03:29:40 pm »
Welcome to The Cauldron, Feral! I hope it can be a good jumping point for figuring out your path.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope the same thing <3

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 11:04:01 am »

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 06:19:48 am »
Welcome to The Cauldron FeralWife! You'll really enjoy it here and learn a lot so long as you keep an open mind and ask a lot of questions.

Speaking of which: growing any herbs now?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Feral Wife

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:40 am »
Speaking of which: growing any herbs now?
Thank you for the welcome!

I am currently growing some rosemary, basil, mint, chamomile and a random one I don't quite know the name of that I got a starter culture of from a friend. And I have a small lavender plant going that's been around for years now.

Other than that I keep Rhodo's and African Violets year round, a giant Aloe plant I've had since 2002, and several other succulent plants.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 10:06:38 pm »
Hello everyone!

I am a NE native and have been away from home on and off for the last several years. I have just recently moved back and there is not a lot that has stayed the same surprisingly. Friends have moved, family has passed or relocated, peoples' lives have changed and I'm back in the middle of an unfamiliar life.

I am reaching out to a forum because as a millennial in the internet age it seems like the most logical thing to do.

I don't know much about paganism, wicca, spirituality in general, but its always been something I've been drawn to. I guess I am here to learn more about it, and myself, and to meet like minded people to connect with.

Not quite sure what else to include in this. I guess if you wanted to know anything else don't be afraid to ask! <3KJ

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 10:57:58 pm »
Hello everyone!

Why hello there!  Welcome to TC!  We need more youngsters practicing the craft, so feel free to nose around, join our discord server, ask questions, and generally just enjoy our company.
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Tags: