Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Myst introduction  (Read 966 times)

Myst

• View Profile
  • Religion: Open
Myst introduction
« on: August 15, 2017, 06:58:55 pm »
Hello,

I come to this forum in the interest of expanding my knowledge of pagan traditions and practices and to share what I can.

My path began about 15 years ago when I had a mystical experience on magic mushrooms.  It was an entirely out of body experience and I experienced unexplainable things.  This experience led me to question my beliefs and everything I had been taught.  I rejected the materialist reductionist perspective and decided to seek spiritual truths.   

Since then I have walked deeper and deeper down this path and had many more mystical experiences.  I do not have a label for my spirituality, nor do I practice with fellow seekers or teachers.  Much of what I do mirrors the shamanic path.  my experiences include trance journeying to meet allies and guardians to obtain advice or information, times of clairavoyance and psychic clarity like the shamanic term "seeing " and many experiences with Entheogen plants which I cultivate myself.

All of this experience has brought me close to the earth and the elements.  I honor and recognize the sacred elements and their directions, as well as lower middle and upper worlds.

After following a shamanic path for sometime I experienced the cultural backlash of a white man "stealing tribal culture" and other sentiments of anti cultural appropriation.  I understand this viewpoint however I believe the true mystery transcends culture, and the truth exists beyond our concepts and labels for it.

I then became very interested in the shamanic roots of my own ancestors and came to the conclusion that shamanism was not unuique to tribal societies but exists in almost all cultures.  The Europeans had their own shamans and they were called witches!  I realized the terms wise man sorcerer witch and shaman were all labels for a very similar thing, and that they come from 1 source.

My goal at this point is to take what works for me from all practices I have used and to combine them into a cohesive practice that fuses shamanic trance elements with those of traditional witchcraft with an earth honoring pagan core.

I am very interested in working magically with herbs and can't wait to learn more of the traditional pagan uses of old world plants

Can't wait to learn and contribute

Love and respect
No one knows

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Myst introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 09:44:57 pm »
Hello,

I come to this forum in the interest of expanding my knowledge of pagan traditions and practices and to share what I can.

My path began about 15 years ago when I had a mystical experience on magic mushrooms.  It was an entirely out of body experience and I experienced unexplainable things.  This experience led me to question my beliefs and everything I had been taught.  I rejected the materialist reductionist perspective and decided to seek spiritual truths.   

Since then I have walked deeper and deeper down this path and had many more mystical experiences.  I do not have a label for my spirituality, nor do I practice with fellow seekers or teachers.  Much of what I do mirrors the shamanic path.  my experiences include trance journeying to meet allies and guardians to obtain advice or information, times of clairavoyance and psychic clarity like the shamanic term "seeing " and many experiences with Entheogen plants which I cultivate myself.

All of this experience has brought me close to the earth and the elements.  I honor and recognize the sacred elements and their directions, as well as lower middle and upper worlds.

After following a shamanic path for sometime I experienced the cultural backlash of a white man "stealing tribal culture" and other sentiments of anti cultural appropriation.  I understand this viewpoint however I believe the true mystery transcends culture, and the truth exists beyond our concepts and labels for it.

I then became very interested in the shamanic roots of my own ancestors and came to the conclusion that shamanism was not unuique to tribal societies but exists in almost all cultures.  The Europeans had their own shamans and they were called witches!  I realized the terms wise man sorcerer witch and shaman were all labels for a very similar thing, and that they come from 1 source.

My goal at this point is to take what works for me from all practices I have used and to combine them into a cohesive practice that fuses shamanic trance elements with those of traditional witchcraft with an earth honoring pagan core.

I am very interested in working magically with herbs and can't wait to learn more of the traditional pagan uses of old world plants

Love and respect

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 02:19:40 pm »
Hello,

Love and respect
Welcome! I'm also interested in herbal stuff (I don't do mushrooms though)  :)

Myst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:29:59 pm »
Welcome! I'm also interested in herbal stuff (I don't do mushrooms though)  :)

Awesome and thanks for the welcome.  To each his or her own.  I think Entheogens can be a very important tool, but are not the path in and of themselves.  I believe they must be used with spiritual intentions and in a ritual setting for maximum positive benefit.

If a conversation on the topic pops up I will gladly chime in or if anyone has questions about plants don't hesitate to ask me.

Love
No one knows

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 07:47:35 pm »
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Myst

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 09:44:57 pm »
Welcome aboard :)

Thank you, respect to you
No one knows

Tags: