collapse

Author Topic: Merry Meet  (Read 731 times)

angus1963

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: My own Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: he
Merry Meet
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:31:00 am »
Hello. My name is Angus and I consider myself a non-theistic pagan/witch who honors the elements of the earth and the cosmos in space. I somehow meld spirituality with science which takes on my own path. In addition, I have been interested in astronomy every since I was a wee tot. Even though I do have my own altar, I consider my main altar the skies on a clear night. Part of my craft is cartomancy, basically using playing cards as divination as opposed to Tarot cards and also write in my Book of Shadows, which I have named, "The Path of the Aether." I am a bit further on than a beginner, but definately  closer to the 101 level.

Other interests of mine include music (especially playing guitar) and still listen to punk rock at the age of 55. I do listen to other kinds of music too. Also, other hobbies include photography, soccer, writing, calligraphy and craft beer. My home is located in the suburban area of St.Louis, MO.

I do not know many pagans/witches in real life, so this will hopefully be a good communications mechanism.

Cheers!

Angus
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:37:24 am by angus1963 »

Ashmire

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Merry Meet
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:44:21 am »
Hello. My name is Angus and I consider myself a non-theistic pagan/witch who honors the elements of the earth and the cosmos in space. I somehow meld spirituality with science which takes on my own path. In addition, I have been interested in astronomy every since I was a wee tot. Even though I do have my own altar, I consider my main altar the skies on a clear night. Part of my craft is cartomancy, basically using playing cards as divination as opposed to Tarot cards and also write in my Book of Shadows, which I have named, "The Path of the Aether." I am a bit further on than a beginner, but definately  closer to the 101 level.

Other interests of mine include music (especially playing guitar) and still listen to punk rock at the age of 55. I do listen to other kinds of music too. Also, other hobbies include photography, soccer, writing, calligraphy and craft beer. My home is located in the suburban area of St.Louis, MO.

I do not know many pagans/witches in real life, so this will hopefully be a good communications mechanism.

Cheers!

Angus
Welcome!

EnderDragonFire

• Sr. Master Member
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hindu with Christian and Pop-Culture Elements
  • Preferred Pronouns: Mostly she/her
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:24 am »
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

PerditaPickle

• Sr. Master Member
  • What is this Personal Text then...?
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 02:19:33 pm »
"If I get on, Susan thought, it'll all start again.  I'll be out of the light and into the world beyond this one.  I'll fall off the tightrope.
But a voice inside her said, You want to, though...don't you...?
Ten seconds later, there was only the snow."
(Terry Pratchett's Hogfather)

Donal2018

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:32:32 pm »

Cheers!

Angus

Hello and welcome to the Cauldron. Honoring the elements of the earth and the cosmos is familiar to me. I am a Universalist, a Religious Pluralist, and a Scientific Pantheist. Glad to see you here.

Lightdragon

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 05:51:31 am »

Cheers!

Angus

welcome to the board. you are never too old to listen to any music. a lot of witches i have communicated with over forums have not met many pagans/witches in real life. stones are my specialty . Astrology there are a lot of good books out there. i would leave that to people who are more apt than me. while i could give you some basics i am sure there is at least one person here who can give you more. i check in here but not as often as i would like. in fact i was gone over a year from here.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Voren

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:55 pm »

Cheers!

Angus

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: