Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Introduction from the Bayou  (Read 2009 times)

Cypress

• View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Introduction from the Bayou
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:26:10 am »
Hi!  I'm Cypress and I'm from the Deep South USA.  I'm a Virgo and am nearing 30.  I started on my path about 15 years ago with Wicca, which turned into a more relaxed Pagan path. 

I'm a nature nut and my property backs up to a 25,000 acre wildlife reserve!  While I work a standard 9-5 desk job, my true passion is nature and wildlife.  I rehabilitate wildlife, work with exotic animals, and participate in as many nature related projects as I can.  I feel more relaxed during the Spring and Summer seasons due to Daylight Savings time - the sunlight fuels me for sure!  I tend to fall into a depression during Fall and Winter due to the longer nights and shorter days. 

I initially found this forum while seeking guidance for a particularly strange situation I've found myself in regarding the more paranormal and supernatural side of things.  I look forward to meeting like-minded people and learning as much as I can from this wonderful place!

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Introduction from the Bayou
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 01:50:18 pm »
Hi!  I'm Cypress and I'm from the Deep South USA.  I'm a Virgo and am nearing 30.  I started on my path about 15 years ago with Wicca, which turned into a more relaxed Pagan path. 

Welcome to TC, Cypress! 

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 08:00:18 pm »

I'm a nature nut and my property backs up to a 25,000 acre wildlife reserve!  While I work a standard 9-5 desk job, my true passion is nature and wildlife.  I rehabilitate wildlife, work with exotic animals, and participate in as many nature related projects as I can.  I feel more relaxed during the Spring and Summer seasons due to Daylight Savings time - the sunlight fuels me for sure!  I tend to fall into a depression during Fall and Winter due to the longer nights and shorter days. 

I initially found this forum while seeking guidance for a particularly strange situation I've found myself in regarding the more paranormal and supernatural side of things.  I look forward to meeting like-minded people and learning as much as I can from this wonderful place!

Welcome Cypress!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Aveya

• View Profile
  • Religion: Witch, pantheistic, nature-based, seeking
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 03:31:19 pm »
I'm a nature nut and my property backs up to a 25,000 acre wildlife reserve!

I am so jealous. That has to be fantastic!! Welcome :)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 04:27:21 pm »
I'm a nature nut and my property backs up to a 25,000 acre wildlife reserve!  While I work a standard 9-5 desk job, my true passion is nature and wildlife.

Hi, and welcome - I'm jealous of your property location, too, and I also work a 9-5 desk job but have a passion for nature, so we have that in common.   :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 08:30:30 pm »

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 09:28:15 pm »

I echo Aveya and Pickle's envy about your property! Like you, I thrive in the long days of summer, and enter a mild, depression-like melancholy for most of winter. May we both weather the coming change of seasons with a minimum of misery.

Welcome to TC!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: