collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: I don't have a clever intro title :)  (Read 846 times)

Lunamoth

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://blog.elewir.com
I don't have a clever intro title :)
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:51:53 am »
Hello. My name is Luna, my handle is Lunamoth... well, pretty much everywhere since I signed on to a BBS for the first time. *waves*

I used to be an active member of The Cauldron, many years ago, though to tell the truth, I don't remember how many years it's been. I had changed my username between the old boards and the new migration (to Aelfen? Or something like it??) but I've spoken with Randall and he gave the thumbs up to just go ahead and re-register with a fresh account. So here I am. :)

I self-identify as an eclectic witch. I've been studying Celtic-based practices, reading texts that focus on Druidry, also started reading about Feri. And I've been reading Buddhist texts as well. Much of my reading happens on a commuter bus to NYC or in the waiting room at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where I am in treatment for metastatic adenoid cystic carcinoma. Currently, I'm doing the best I've been since 2010, but it's still around and if I disappear for stretches of time, it's probably due to lots of back-to-back appointments stealing my time.

Of late, I have craved intelligent conversation that doesn't devolve into the comments section of an unmoderated blog, or things like it. I'm aware of the flavour of forum that The Cauldron is, and will probably gravitate more toward the fellowship-ish discussions than debates. Because I don't have the spoons, as they say, for spirited debate. But I do look forward to reading and catching up on what you all have been working on. :)

Lunamoth

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: I don't have a clever intro title :)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 10:30:16 am »
Quote from: Lunamoth;125876
will probably gravitate more toward the fellowship-ish discussions than debates. Because I don't have the spoons, as they say, for spirited debate.

Replying to myself because I thought for a bit, and realized I should be more clear:
I know TC isn't a fellowship forum. I just know I'll probably not get too involved into political talks and the like. :)

Aniera

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:37:28 am »
Quote from: Lunamoth;125879
Replying to myself because I thought for a bit, and realized I should be more clear:
I know TC isn't a fellowship forum. I just know I'll probably not get too involved into political talks and the like. :)

Welcome back & Merry Meet To You! I am interested in Feri as well ... just trying to decide where to start :whis:
What A Shame To Have Wings & Never Fly

Becoming a mother is my greatest achievement.

Spiritual Blog: http://www.whimsicalmystical.blogspot.com

Lunamoth

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:41:06 am »
Quote from: Aniera;125882
Welcome back & Merry Meet To You! I am interested in Feri as well ... just trying to decide where to start :whis:

I started by picking up T. Thorn Coyle's book "Evolutionary Witchcraft". I'm taking my time going through it, and she recommends reading it once through before going back and trying any of the exercises and rituals within the text.

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »
Hello. My name is Luna, my handle is Lunamoth... well, pretty much everywhere since I signed on to a BBS for the first time. *waves*

Welcome back to TC, Luna :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 06:24:47 pm »

Welcome back, Luna!  It's good to see you again.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 06:26:41 pm »
Quote from: Lunamoth;125879
I just know I'll probably not get too involved into political talks and the like. :)

Political discussions are less common/intense than they were when Bush II was in office. The executive branch is less likely to say crap that implies non-Christians don't count, should not be in the military, etc.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 10:48:30 pm »

I used to be an active member of The Cauldron, many years ago, though to tell the truth, I don't remember how many years it's been. I had changed my username between the old boards and the new migration (to Aelfen? Or something like it??) but I've spoken with Randall and he gave the thumbs up to just go ahead and re-register with a fresh account. So here I am. :)

I self-identify as an eclectic witch. I've been studying Celtic-based practices, reading texts that focus on Druidry, also started reading about Feri. And I've been reading Buddhist texts as well. Much of my reading happens on a commuter bus to NYC or in the waiting room at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where I am in treatment for metastatic adenoid cystic carcinoma. Currently, I'm doing the best I've been since 2010, but it's still around and if I disappear for stretches of time, it's probably due to lots of back-to-back appointments stealing my time.

Of late, I have craved intelligent conversation that doesn't devolve into the comments section of an unmoderated blog, or things like it. I'm aware of the flavour of forum that The Cauldron is, and will probably gravitate more toward the fellowship-ish discussions than debates. Because I don't have the spoons, as they say, for spirited debate. But I do look forward to reading and catching up on what you all have been working on. :)

Welcome. :)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 05:56:18 pm »

Welcome back! I occasionally see comments from you on other parts of the Web (mostly LJ/DW, I think) so I hadn't forgotten you completely (though I do have to check the archive board to remember that you were once Aelf'en - and even there it's only a mention that it'd once been your username; I don't think you've gone by it since the Beehive incarnations).

I'm pretty sure you'd have had to register a fresh account in any case; I don't think you ever registered on the (not so) new VBulletin software.

... also started reading about Feri.

'Bout time! :)

We're a bit gentler now than you might remember - the internal culture of any longstanding community will gradually shift over time, as people come and go, and that's happened here; we still challenge errors of fact and things that seem 'off', but tend to be less blunt (you'll see less of the bald, 'Cite your sources!' and more, 'That's an interesting thing I've not heard before; do you have a source for that?')

Sunflower
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:57:32 pm by SunflowerP »
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Lunamoth

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 09:41:42 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;126083
'Bout time! :)

I know! I can be a bit slow out of the gate on things. LOL!

Quote from: SunflowerP;126083
We're a bit gentler now than you might remember - the internal culture of any longstanding community will gradually shift over time, as people come and go, and that's happened here; we still challenge errors of fact and things that seem 'off', but tend to be less blunt (you'll see less of the bald, 'Cite your sources!' and more, 'That's an interesting thing I've not heard before; do you have a source for that?')

Sunflower

That's encouraging to hear. I prefer learning in an environment like that. :)

Tags: