collapse

* Recent Posts

Re: new & uncertain! by PerditaPickle
[Today at 07:00:39 pm]


Re: Back pain by Micheál
[Today at 06:42:53 am]


Re: Favorite Beer? by Micheál
[Today at 06:31:29 am]


new & uncertain! by shoemakerlevy9
[Yesterday at 01:36:47 pm]


Re: Pagan Traitor Storms the US Capitol? by Altair
[Yesterday at 12:44:20 pm]

Author Topic: Hi, New Here!  (Read 423 times)

Grey&Golden

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: May 2013
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Hi, New Here!
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:48:04 pm »
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself here, I'm glad I found this forum. I've been reading a bit on here and thought it a really nice place, so here I am!

I'm a 22 year old woman in the Northeastern US, and I've been a hellenic polytheist for a very long time. I'm not comfortable calling myself a recon, since I like to feel a bit more free in the manner in which I worship the gods and approach them in my own way, but that is the pagan religion/group that I associate with the most. I've been worshipping and believing in my gods in silence all my life, as I'm sure you guys can relate to the feeling that others will find you silly for believing in gods that others believe are just mythological fairy tales. So to avoid that, I haven't told anyone in real life of my beliefs, and neither have I ever opened up online either. My family actually has the impression that I'm atheist/agnostic because of the way I discuss religion and praise critical thinking. They would be shocked to discover that I'm a hard polytheist, and at the moment, I think it best to just keep my relationship with my gods private from them.

This will be the first place that I'll try to be fully open about my beliefs. This seems like a really respectful and safe place, so, I'll just toe my way into the water. :)

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10271
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 284
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Hi, New Here!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:51:35 pm »
Quote from: Grey&Golden;107291
I'm a 22 year old woman in the Northeastern US, and I've been a hellenic polytheist for a very long time. I'm not comfortable calling myself a recon, since I like to feel a bit more free in the manner in which I worship the gods and approach them in my own way, but that is the pagan religion/group that I associate with the most.

Welcome to The Cauldron! I feel the say way, while I am happy to base my beliefs and practices on the same things recons do, I don't feel any obligation to practice in ways that don't seem to fit where and when I am today. For example, I don't live in Athens. :)
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Laveth

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 885
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, New Here!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:49 pm »
Quote from: Grey&Golden;107291
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself here, I'm glad I found this forum. I've been reading a bit on here and thought it a really nice place, so here I am!

I'm a 22 year old woman in the Northeastern US, and I've been a hellenic polytheist for a very long time. I'm not comfortable calling myself a recon, since I like to feel a bit more free in the manner in which I worship the gods and approach them in my own way, but that is the pagan religion/group that I associate with the most. I've been worshipping and believing in my gods in silence all my life, as I'm sure you guys can relate to the feeling that others will find you silly for believing in gods that others believe are just mythological fairy tales. So to avoid that, I haven't told anyone in real life of my beliefs, and neither have I ever opened up online either. My family actually has the impression that I'm atheist/agnostic because of the way I discuss religion and praise critical thinking. They would be shocked to discover that I'm a hard polytheist, and at the moment, I think it best to just keep my relationship with my gods private from them.

This will be the first place that I'll try to be fully open about my beliefs. This seems like a really respectful and safe place, so, I'll just toe my way into the water. :)

 
Welcome. :)

Grey&Golden

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: May 2013
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, New Here!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:04:02 am »
Quote from: RandallS;107302
Welcome to The Cauldron! I feel the say way, while I am happy to base my beliefs and practices on the same things recons do, I don't feel any obligation to practice in ways that don't seem to fit where and when I am today. For example, I don't live in Athens. :)

Thank you for the welcome! It's nice to meet another helllenic polytheist/pagan. And I so agree - living in another area and a modern era, I like to have a little bit more wiggle room, so to speak.

Quote from: Laveth;107316
Welcome. :)

Thank you also!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:05:46 am by Grey&Golden »

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
1431 Views
Last post July 19, 2011, 03:24:11 pm
by cwummel
8 Replies
1625 Views
Last post August 15, 2011, 11:41:23 am
by HeartShadow
5 Replies
1057 Views
Last post August 23, 2011, 11:28:06 am
by KittyVel
6 Replies
1542 Views
Last post August 23, 2011, 05:54:05 pm
by RandallS
4 Replies
655 Views
Last post March 19, 2013, 07:52:49 am
by RandallS

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal