Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1101 times)

Rowan

• View Profile
    • Pink Triangle Cafe
  • Religion: pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Hi
« on: February 27, 2019, 10:32:13 am »
My name is Rowan and I joined this forum yesterday on a whim. I discovered the forum while doing a bit of research and was surprised to learn that there is still at least one pagan community still using a forum. I've always loved forums so I thought I'd join. Also, I guess another reason why I decided to join is to have some added spiritual support as I make a major transition in my life.

I guess I would classify myself as a solitary witch with eclectic beliefs. I've been practicing for only about 14 years now as I was raised in the Southern Baptist Church. On the whole I don't care much for Christianity because I am also a Lesbian and most don't care for people like me. Having said that, though, I don't go out of my way to speak ill of them. Also, one of my very dearest friends is a Christian who is open to the idea that there's more to spirituality than her beliefs alone.

Born and raised on an island of eclecticism in the Deep South - I'll leave you to figure out what I mean. Lol I've just come to realize recently that though I may live in the South, I am not a Southerner.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:34:57 am by Rowan »

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 02:05:29 pm »
My name is Rowan and I joined this forum yesterday on a whim. I discovered the forum while doing a bit of research and was surprised to learn that there is still at least one pagan community still using a forum. I've always loved forums so I thought I'd join. Also, I guess another reason why I decided to join is to have some added spiritual support as I make a major transition in my life.

I guess I would classify myself as a solitary witch with eclectic beliefs. I've been practicing for only about 14 years now as I was raised in the Southern Baptist Church. On the whole I don't care much for Christianity because I am also a Lesbian and most don't care for people like me. Having said that, though, I don't go out of my way to speak ill of them. Also, one of my very dearest friends is a Christian who is open to the idea that there's more to spirituality than her beliefs alone.

Born and raised on an island of eclecticism in the Deep South - I'll leave you to figure out what I mean. Lol I've just come to realize recently that though I may live in the South, I am not a Southerner.
Hello and welcome!

Rowan

• View Profile
    • Pink Triangle Cafe
  • Religion: pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 04:35:41 pm »

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 06:38:33 pm »

I also am from the South and don't feel like a southerner! I have almost no southern accent.

I understand why you feel as you do about Christianity.  I identify as gay myself.  I am at least culturally Christian, but I work with the symbols in my own way.  I love working with religious symbolism.  It is an art form for me.

Lately I am learning about Jung and discovering much Jungian symbolism in my experiences and practices that I didn't realize was there.

I absorb much of this like a sponge.  If only I could absorb more mundane practical information that way!

Welcome to the forum!
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 10:41:02 pm »
I am also a Lesbian and most don't care for people like me.

I know what that's like, especially in the south. Welcome to the Cauldron, I hope you find it to be welcoming and accepting, and spiritually and intellectually engaging!
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 10:12:04 pm »

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags:

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 238
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal