collapse

Author Topic: Here I go, again on my own. Going down the only road I've ever known.  (Read 3617 times)

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Here I go, again on my own. Going down the only road I've ever known.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 06:39:55 pm »
FYI, America has 50 states, and minnesota is far from being a Wasteland, where I live, we have more jobs than people. Speak for your locale only, some of us are doing just fine lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 04:20:33 am »
Here I am, posting on an internet forum looking for a new meaning to life...

Welcome to TC  ;D
I must say I learn more about the American culture through the occasional doomsday rants on this forum than I do by following the news. It's fascinating.
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 12:04:50 pm »

A Reminder:
Hi,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder. No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

TC Forum Staff
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 02:53:45 pm »
Yeah, and murders, warlords, people who exploit the innocent, people who let people die in the name of profit, they get to do whatever they want. If you're evil, wealth and power comes flowing to you. Good people only suffer. If there are Gods, especially an "Pure good and all powerful" God, why do all the shit heads get away with it?

I'll believe in Gods again when one of them brings justice back to the world. I realized as I was meditating on it this morning. I'm not sad about my loss of innocence. I'm not depressed because the world has lost it's wonder. I am ANGRY. I am FURIOUS that there is no justice. Not anywhere left on earth. We would literally need magic to make it happen and magic is dead. The Gods have failed all of us.
Ok, I have gone back and forth on saying something on this because, but I have to. It is not the gods job to run around doing our bidding, they are here to help us, not do everything for us. What are YOU doing to help alleviate the suffering of the world? I have been sexually assaulted and in violent relationships multiple times, and I volunteer with my mom to help women and children who are victims of sex trafficking. I use ritual to help them find confidence to call out their attackers and find their own beauty and worth again, and they have. The gods are not here to dictate our world, they are here to help us shape it into what we want it to be. We are not meant to sit on our asses and call on them to fix everything for us, no, we ask them for help in things we are actively working on doing. The embolden our resolve, and open doors to opportunity, they do not take action for us. If they did, there would be absolutely nothing learned or truly gained within ourselves. Take personal responsibility for your actions, we are to be like them, so be the hero of your own story.

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 05:41:08 pm »
Yeah, and murders, warlords, people who exploit the innocent, people who let people die in the name of profit, they get to do whatever they want. If you're evil, wealth and power comes flowing to you. Good people only suffer. If there are Gods, especially an "Pure good and all powerful" God, why do all the shit heads get away with it?

So I actually think that if they could, most gods (like most people) would punish the evil and reward the good. I don't think any of them are all powerful, though. A crucial part of polytheism is understanding that the divine (like the rest of the world) is made up of multiple parts, some of which contradict each other. On top of that, not all powerful beings are good; part of my personal worldview is built around understanding that there's good and evil "up and down the ladder", so to speak.

And the world isn't quite as unbalanced as you're painting it. While it's important to understand how awful things can be, it's equally important to acknowledge that there's a lot of beauty and good in the world too, and that there's a lot we can do to continue to improve our collective situations.

Tags: