Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Hello World!  (Read 1303 times)

Emberalis

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Non-Recon Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Hello World!
« on: October 11, 2017, 06:21:53 pm »
Hey everyone! I'm Emberalis, but you can call me Ember. I'm a current college-student studying Multimedia Journalism. Right now, I'm attempting to balance spirituality with my own hectic life all the while trying to gracefully transition into adulthood (ha.) I love musical theater, music, and advocacy and social justice.

I consider myself a non-Recon Hellenic Polytheist/Pagan (if those are the proper terms??). While I started practicing witchcraft about two years ago, I recently came out of a cult-like situation in which fellow pagans manipulated the meaning and purpose of spirituality and witchcraft. My spiritual practice suffered a lot since then, and I'm still recovering my faith and devotion to the Greek gods who helped me so, so much with getting out of that awful position. Becoming a member on this forum is a part of me trying to get back into my personal spiritual practice after remaining static for the past 2 months.

I'm hoping that being a part of this forum and connecting with other pagans will help a lot! I'm excited to talk to others in the community :)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello World!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 11:17:53 pm »
Hey everyone! I'm Emberalis, but you can call me Ember. I'm a current college-student studying Multimedia Journalism. Right now, I'm attempting to balance spirituality with my own hectic life all the while trying to gracefully transition into adulthood (ha.) I love musical theater, music, and advocacy and social justice.

I consider myself a non-Recon Hellenic Polytheist/Pagan (if those are the proper terms??). While I started practicing witchcraft about two years ago, I recently came out of a cult-like situation in which fellow pagans manipulated the meaning and purpose of spirituality and witchcraft. My spiritual practice suffered a lot since then, and I'm still recovering my faith and devotion to the Greek gods who helped me so, so much with getting out of that awful position. Becoming a member on this forum is a part of me trying to get back into my personal spiritual practice after remaining static for the past 2 months.

I'm hoping that being a part of this forum and connecting with other pagans will help a lot! I'm excited to talk to others in the community :)

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Naunau

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:59:52 am »
Oh, welcome :)

So many interesting people and most in the USA, this is unfair :D

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:12:06 pm »

Welcome, welcome! 

Oh, welcome :)

So many interesting people and most in the USA, this is unfair :D

Oh fine I'll come to you and keep you company :P
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 02:07:09 pm »

Hi, not that I've been in a cult-like situation, but as a beginner (10 years ago) I got my share of dysfunctional group experience and talking to outside people on- and offline helped me not to get too much emotionally involved and find my own way...somewhat later I finally found the group I'm still happy with. So, don't give up and welcome to TC! :)

Tags: