collapse
2017 Donation Drive -- Please Help Keep TC Online

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise just over $850 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 12 December: Only $46 more (after Paypal fees) needed to reach our goal! Please donate if you can.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Hello World!  (Read 177 times)

Emberalis

• Jr. Newbie
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Non-Recon Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Hello World!
« on: October 11, 2017, 06:21:53 pm »
Hey everyone! I'm Emberalis, but you can call me Ember. I'm a current college-student studying Multimedia Journalism. Right now, I'm attempting to balance spirituality with my own hectic life all the while trying to gracefully transition into adulthood (ha.) I love musical theater, music, and advocacy and social justice.

I consider myself a non-Recon Hellenic Polytheist/Pagan (if those are the proper terms??). While I started practicing witchcraft about two years ago, I recently came out of a cult-like situation in which fellow pagans manipulated the meaning and purpose of spirituality and witchcraft. My spiritual practice suffered a lot since then, and I'm still recovering my faith and devotion to the Greek gods who helped me so, so much with getting out of that awful position. Becoming a member on this forum is a part of me trying to get back into my personal spiritual practice after remaining static for the past 2 months.

I'm hoping that being a part of this forum and connecting with other pagans will help a lot! I'm excited to talk to others in the community :)

Voren

• Journeyman
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello World!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 11:17:53 pm »
Hey everyone! I'm Emberalis, but you can call me Ember. I'm a current college-student studying Multimedia Journalism. Right now, I'm attempting to balance spirituality with my own hectic life all the while trying to gracefully transition into adulthood (ha.) I love musical theater, music, and advocacy and social justice.

I consider myself a non-Recon Hellenic Polytheist/Pagan (if those are the proper terms??). While I started practicing witchcraft about two years ago, I recently came out of a cult-like situation in which fellow pagans manipulated the meaning and purpose of spirituality and witchcraft. My spiritual practice suffered a lot since then, and I'm still recovering my faith and devotion to the Greek gods who helped me so, so much with getting out of that awful position. Becoming a member on this forum is a part of me trying to get back into my personal spiritual practice after remaining static for the past 2 months.

I'm hoping that being a part of this forum and connecting with other pagans will help a lot! I'm excited to talk to others in the community :)

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Naunau

• Sr. Apprentice
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:59:52 am »
Oh, welcome :)

So many interesting people and most in the USA, this is unfair :D

Morbid

• Journeyman
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:12:06 pm »

Welcome, welcome! 

Oh, welcome :)

So many interesting people and most in the USA, this is unfair :D

Oh fine I'll come to you and keep you company :P
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 02:07:09 pm »

Hi, not that I've been in a cult-like situation, but as a beginner (10 years ago) I got my share of dysfunctional group experience and talking to outside people on- and offline helped me not to get too much emotionally involved and find my own way...somewhat later I finally found the group I'm still happy with. So, don't give up and welcome to TC! :)

Tags: