collapse

Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 1166 times)

Brangwen

• View Profile
  • Religion: Learning
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Hello there
« on: December 29, 2020, 01:01:28 pm »
Hello there.

I have been on a solitary journey to learn for the past few years. I am finally getting to a point where I feel like I'm making progress and confidence. Because of this, I am feeling lonely. Lol. I am looking forward to discussing thoughts and ideas with others and further working through what I am learning both about myself and about what I feel a pull towards spiritually.

Both my wife and I work in TV and film production, so my life and hours are all over the place. I currently work in The PNW. Both my wife and I were raised in Christian homes - mine was Pilgrim Holiness based and hers was Disciples of Christ. I have worked through a lot to get where I am emotionally, phycologically, and spiritually today. I never felt a connection to my parents faith. It neither felt like it was a part of me nor meant for me. I was not drawn to it spiritually. I felt only obligation and burden. That said, I tried. I put all of my efforts in to being a great Christian. And I felt fake. This was what eventually lead me to walk away.

I respect other religions. I believe there is more to the spiritual world than we see or understand. I am trying to find where my journey is leading me.

I am learning and I have questions. I don't know where I am headed, but I am on a path. I look forward to conversing and sharing with others.

Long winded but there it is.

Cheers,
Brangwen

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 01:16:57 pm »
Hello there.

I have been on a solitary journey to learn for the past few years. I am finally getting to a point where I feel like I'm making progress and confidence. Because of this, I am feeling lonely. Lol. I am looking forward to discussing thoughts and ideas with others and further working through what I am learning both about myself and about what I feel a pull towards spiritually.

Both my wife and I work in TV and film production, so my life and hours are all over the place. I currently work in The PNW. Both my wife and I were raised in Christian homes - mine was Pilgrim Holiness based and hers was Disciples of Christ. I have worked through a lot to get where I am emotionally, phycologically, and spiritually today. I never felt a connection to my parents faith. It neither felt like it was a part of me nor meant for me. I was not drawn to it spiritually. I felt only obligation and burden. That said, I tried. I put all of my efforts in to being a great Christian. And I felt fake. This was what eventually lead me to walk away.

I respect other religions. I believe there is more to the spiritual world than we see or understand. I am trying to find where my journey is leading me.

I am learning and I have questions. I don't know where I am headed, but I am on a path. I look forward to conversing and sharing with others.

Cheers,
Brangwen

Hello, and welcome!  Hopefully you'll find some good friends here.  (Uneryx is an infrequent poster here but sounds like you might have stuff in common).

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 09:03:46 pm »
Hello there.

Hi and welcome to TC  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 11:39:40 pm »
Hello there.

Cheers,
Brangwen

Welcome to the forum!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

The Hammer

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 08:30:38 pm »
Hello there.

Cheers,
Brangwen

Welcome, may we both find the Community we are looking for.
"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it."
 - Albus Dumbledore
---------------------------------------------
“IT IS THE SMALL THINGS, EVERYDAY DEEDS OF ORDINARY FOLK THAT KEEPS THE DARKNESS AT BAY. SIMPLE ACTS OF LOVE AND KINDNESS.”
- Gandalf (LotR)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 05:19:59 pm »

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tags: