Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Hello from Virginia!  (Read 1110 times)

Brocolitia

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Paganism
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her/Her
Hello from Virginia!
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:58:53 pm »
Hi All!
I’m coming to you from Virginia, close-ish to the DC metro area.

I was raised Methodist but my parents were never super religious and by the time I was 13 had decided I was atheist. That being said, my dad introduced me to Greek and Roman mythology when I was still a kid and that really kick started my interest in Paganism.  Although I looked into it more over the years and always felt very drawn to it, I never really thought of it as a part of my life until recently. About 2 years ago my husband and I went on a trip to Salem, MA and after being there I just knew I had to look into it more and came around to the realization that, hey, I do need to just embrace this. At any rate, I’m still really new to all of this from a practical standpoint so I decided it was time to reach out to fellow Pagans and see what there is to see!

As for my “path”, I always loved the Greek and Roman myths as a kid but my heritage is Brit/Scot/Irish and that has certainly come to have a huge influence as well. I still consider myself an atheist but I am spiritual, believe in “ghosts”, for lack of a better word, and other paranormal goings-on. Just for clarification, I’m the type of person that sees the Gods/Goddesses as the ancients’ way of personifying things they observed. I have always felt immensely eco-spiritual. I absolutely do see the Earth as a mother figure that we must respect and treat appropriately, and I do believe in the energy and cycle that connects all living things. Ultimately, I guess you would say I’m eclectic!

Paganism aside, I’m a historian and I currently work as a tour guide at a historic site. I’m also into hiking, cooking, and general health and nutrition.

I’m just looking forward to being around, soaking up lots of information, and sharing some good conversation! Thanks everyone!

"We are not born for ourselves alone; a part of us is claimed by our nation, another part by our friends." -Cicero

Mimsy

• View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheism, Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Re: Hello from Virginia!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »
Hi All!

I was raised Methodist but my parents were never super religious and by the time I was 13 had decided I was atheist. That being said, my dad introduced me to Greek and Roman mythology when I was still a kid and that really kick started my interest in Paganism.  Although I looked into it more over the years and always felt very drawn to it, I never really thought of it as a part of my life until recently. About 2 years ago my husband and I went on a trip to Salem, MA and after being there I just knew I had to look into it more and came around to the realization that, hey, I do need to just embrace this. At any rate, I’m still really new to all of this from a practical standpoint so I decided it was time to reach out to fellow Pagans and see what there is to see!

As for my “path”, I always loved the Greek and Roman myths as a kid but my heritage is Brit/Scot/Irish and that has certainly come to have a huge influence as well. I still consider myself an atheist but I am spiritual, believe in “ghosts”, for lack of a better word, and other paranormal goings-on. Just for clarification, I’m the type of person that sees the Gods/Goddesses as the ancients’ way of personifying things they observed. I have always felt immensely eco-spiritual. I absolutely do see the Earth as a mother figure that we must respect and treat appropriately, and I do believe in the energy and cycle that connects all living things. Ultimately, I guess you would say I’m eclectic!

Paganism aside, I’m a historian and I currently work as a tour guide at a historic site. I’m also into hiking, cooking, and general health and nutrition.

I’m just looking forward to being around, soaking up lots of information, and sharing some good conversation! Thanks everyone!

Welcome! I'm in Virginia myself, though I'm at the other end. Enjoy your time here!

Brocolitia

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Paganism
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her/Her
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:39:55 am »
Welcome! I'm in Virginia myself, though I'm at the other end. Enjoy your time here!

Hi Mimsy, I saw in your own intro you're from Appalachia area. That's fantastic. It's one of the reasons I love Virginia so much...You want mountains? You want coast? You want the big city? We've got it all! Thanks for popping in  :)
"We are not born for ourselves alone; a part of us is claimed by our nation, another part by our friends." -Cicero

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 11:35:37 am »
Hi All!

Hi and Welcome!

I definitely relate to all you've said here!  I'm a studying herbalist and also in the south!

Warmth and wellness!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 01:02:02 pm »
Hi All!

Hi & welcome
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:01:42 pm »
Hi All!

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 08:26:12 pm »
Hi All!

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: