Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Hello from Portugal  (Read 826 times)

Accord2

Hello from Portugal
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:59:42 pm »
Hi, I am catholic at the moment. Yet since child I love the Roman culture and religion, but I can't find much about it. To be honest I can't find anything about the Roman religion except the gods names. I want to know more, like the rituals and the festivities, the praying and what I should do and don't as a believer. Can someone help me with that? If there is something about it here just say me where it is ;)

Is it okay that I keep worshipping the Christian god at the same time that the pagan ones (from ancient Rome)?:confused:

Nice to meet you all! :D

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello from Portugal
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:07:13 pm »
Quote from: Accord2;205723
Hi, I am catholic at the moment. Yet since child I love the Roman culture and religion, but I can't find much about it. To be honest I can't find anything about the Roman religion except the gods names. I want to know more, like the rituals and the festivities, the praying and what I should do and don't as a believer. Can someone help me with that? If there is something about it here just say me where it is ;)

Is it okay that I keep worshipping the Christian god at the same time that the pagan ones (from ancient Rome)?:confused:

Hello and welcome! I am sure it's fine :)
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 11:11:21 pm »

Hi, Accord2, and welcome to TC!

Here on TC, we have an info page on Roman Reconstructionist Paganism (Religio Romana) - it was written several years ago and some of the links may no longer work, but it still has many good resource recommendations. We also have a Hellenic and Roman Polytheism SIG (SIG stands for Special Interest Group), which isn't very active, but you can read past threads.

Some things elsewhere on the internet that might be of interest to you are Nova Roma, one of the major Religio Romana organizations (there's a link to it on our Roman Recon info page, but I thought I'd mention it directly as well), and - since you're very much a beginner - Wikipedia's articles on ancient Rome, such as 'Religion in Ancient Rome', available in both English (a very long info-filled article!) and Portuguese (not as long, but not short).

I also thought of the blog Golden Trail, which is written by Helio, a Portuguese practitioner of Religio Romana. It's in English, but I see he has recently started a Portuguese-language one as well, O Moledro.

And of course you can always ask specific questions in the forums here.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Accord2

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:30:56 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;205746

Here on TC, we have an info page on Roman Reconstructionist Paganism (Religio Romana) - it was written several years ago and some of the links may no longer work, but it still has many good resource recommendations. We also have a Hellenic and Roman Polytheism SIG (SIG stands for Special Interest Group), which isn't very active, but you can read past threads.

Some things elsewhere on the internet that might be of interest to you are Nova Roma, one of the major Religio Romana organizations (there's a link to it on our Roman Recon info page, but I thought I'd mention it directly as well), and - since you're very much a beginner - Wikipedia's articles on ancient Rome, such as 'Religion in Ancient Rome', available in both English (a very long info-filled article!) and Portuguese (not as long, but not short).

I also thought of the blog Golden Trail, which is written by Helio, a Portuguese practitioner of Religio Romana. It's in English, but I see he has recently started a Portuguese-language one as well, O Moledro.

Sunflower

OMG, thank you!

vassal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 08:41:18 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;205746

Sunflower

Wow. I second the thanks. I found quite a bit of interesting tidbits due to your help!

Accord2: Best wishes in your research & welcome! I'm new here too. :)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 03:02:25 am »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: