Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Hello from Oklahoma  (Read 928 times)

Dragonspell

Hello from Oklahoma
« on: October 09, 2016, 02:24:15 am »
Becoming a witch is not an easy process, I'm discovering. Well, I think I've always been a witch at heart, it's the practicing in a vacuum that's hard. After making my way through most of the Christain varieties of spiritual practice I've arrived where I am now...a little lost in the weeds.

I can feel and know I'm going in the right direction. It's the one-step-at-a-time thing that's 'making my a crazy woman!' No, I'm not very patient, apparently.

Stumbling in the dark, I've arrived on your doorstep confused about a number of things I won't go into here (you're welcome). I just have no-one with experience to practice with mainly.

Oh great, now I sound like a big whiny-baby. But, I have enough faith in and respect for the power of magic to not go off all helter skelter and create a situation I don't know how to get myself out of :eek: So, I end up not practicing much and not growing. I just read about practicing. Yes, I'm a sad excuse for a witch! :(

I would so love to find a good solid coven of experienced witches grounded in love, who didn't dance in the moonlight naked (regular dancing in the moonlight is great, we just have to keep our clothes on :whis: ), who didn't use ANY form of sex in practice or rituals, and who'd be willing to take in a newby.

After two years of looking, I've determined there's no such animal within 50 miles of me. So in order not to curse myself by accident, or open some portal to something better left closed, I'm just reading a lot about practicing. I am gaining a good relationship with my Tarot and Oracle cards though. Their counsel has kept me out of more than one huge mess.

Was that just way too much information? I feel like it was... Sorry :ashamed:

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:24:06 pm »
Quote from: Dragonspell;197257
Becoming a witch is not an easy process, I'm discovering. Well, I think I've always been a witch at heart, it's the practicing in a vacuum that's hard. After making my way through most of the Christain varieties of spiritual practice I've arrived where I am now...a little lost in the weeds.

I can feel and know I'm going in the right direction. It's the one-step-at-a-time thing that's 'making my a crazy woman!' No, I'm not very patient, apparently.

Stumbling in the dark, I've arrived on your doorstep confused about a number of things I won't go into here (you're welcome). I just have no-one with experience to practice with mainly.

Oh great, now I sound like a big whiny-baby. But, I have enough faith in and respect for the power of magic to not go off all helter skelter and create a situation I don't know how to get myself out of :eek: So, I end up not practicing much and not growing. I just read about practicing. Yes, I'm a sad excuse for a witch! :(

I would so love to find a good solid coven of experienced witches grounded in love, who didn't dance in the moonlight naked (regular dancing in the moonlight is great, we just have to keep our clothes on :whis: ), who didn't use ANY form of sex in practice or rituals, and who'd be willing to take in a newby.

After two years of looking, I've determined there's no such animal within 50 miles of me. So in order not to curse myself by accident, or open some portal to something better left closed, I'm just reading a lot about practicing. I am gaining a good relationship with my Tarot and Oracle cards though. Their counsel has kept me out of more than one huge mess.

Was that just way too much information? I feel like it was... Sorry :ashamed:

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 09:45:05 am »
Quote from: Dragonspell;197257

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: