collapse

Author Topic: Hello from northern michigan  (Read 1080 times)

amtallieu

Hello from northern michigan
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:37:33 am »
Hello. well to start my name is Alyssa. I have always been interested in Pagan/Wiccan traditions but have never been totally committed. Recently i took the plunge and decided to commit myself. I have read online and a couple of books but have no body that can physically help guide me. Ive always had intuitions and meaningful dreams ever since i can remember. My mother has told me stories about me as a young child telling her about people who have passed or people who i had met but never existed. Ive also been told my great grandmother was the same as i with this. I was raised in  catholic/ Lutheran family and have never really fit in or been able to fully accept either. Paganism and Wicca seem to suit me for some reason and i feel it is a religion i can understand and devote myself to, something that can help fill the hole. Readinng books and online are very helpful but i feel i need to physically speak with somebody about the differences in practices and particularly to understand the history of it all. If anyone has any suggestions im completely open for them. Thanks!

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Re: Hello from northern michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »
Quote from: amtallieu;154061
Hello. well to start my name is Alyssa.

Hi Alyssa! Welcome to TC!

There are a ton of resources out there for newbies and I know it can feel overwhelming to start with.

You might be interested in Witchvox which, while not as up to date as it might have been when I first joined in 2007, does let you search for other Pagans by your state. It could give you a better sense of who's in your area.

Also, you might like to look at the Pagan Pride Day website, which collects information on Pagan Pride events throughout the world. You could find the nearest event and even if it's not local, it should put you in contact with the event organizers who may know others closer to you.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Tags: