Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Hello from down the rabbit hole!  (Read 1058 times)

Solar Sylvilagus

• View Profile
Hello from down the rabbit hole!
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:54:38 am »
I'm probably going to ramble a bit, fair warning. I'm from the Southern USA, in a fairly large (for so close to rural areas anyway) city. I converted from Christianity about a year and a handful of months ago, but it has only become a really strong force in my life within the last months. I have been interested in most supernatural things for ten years now.

A lot of things have happened in the last few months, and suffice to say, it has changed my life pretty radically. My interest in paganism/witchcraft has grown by leaps and bounds, and I have even attempted my first work at sigils, rune divination, making my own oils (which quickly fermented and smelled awful, chalk that up in the 'oops' category) etc. Though, I still find myself clinging to various aspects of Christianity, as I'm still a bit afraid of the consequences. I'm mostly interested in Celtic pantheons, but I've also dabbled with Norse and Hindi, plus my own special blend of the Native American beliefs my mother taught me.

Anyway, that's what I had to say. I joined The Cauldron for various reasons, but mostly because the pagan groups in my area are very exclusive, and this seems like an inclusive place.For now, I'll hop back down the rabbit hole.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Hello from down the rabbit hole!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:44:48 pm »
Quote from: Solar Sylvilagus;190976

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 05:51:32 pm »
My interest in paganism/witchcraft has grown by leaps and bounds, and I have even attempted my first work at sigils, rune divination, making my own oils (which quickly fermented and smelled awful, chalk that up in the 'oops' category) etc. Though, I still find myself clinging to various aspects of Christianity, as I'm still a bit afraid of the consequences.

Just remember, that there are not so few Christians who work with sigils and rune divination and make their own oils. None of these practices are specific for any religion.

And leaving folk magic aside, Ceremonial Magic has gone through Jewish and Moslem expressions, and, as we know it today, it is heavily indebted to Christian magicians, among them the anonymous compilers of Ars Notoria, Liber Iuratus and Enchiridion, Marsilio Ficino, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, John Dee, Robert Fludd, Athanasius Kircher, Frederick Hockley, Abbé Julio, W.A. Ayton, Papus, Arthur Edward Waite, G.O. Mebes, Robert Ambelain and Gareth Knight.

I hope, that you will find the information you seek here at The Cauldron.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 08:25:56 pm »
I'm probably going to ramble a bit, fair warning. I'm from the Southern USA, in a fairly large (for so close to rural areas anyway) city. I converted from Christianity about a year and a handful of months ago, but it has only become a really strong force in my life within the last months. I have been interested in most supernatural things for ten years now.

A lot of things have happened in the last few months, and suffice to say, it has changed my life pretty radically. My interest in paganism/witchcraft has grown by leaps and bounds, and I have even attempted my first work at sigils, rune divination, making my own oils (which quickly fermented and smelled awful, chalk that up in the 'oops' category) etc. Though, I still find myself clinging to various aspects of Christianity, as I'm still a bit afraid of the consequences. I'm mostly interested in Celtic pantheons, but I've also dabbled with Norse and Hindi, plus my own special blend of the Native American beliefs my mother taught me.

Anyway, that's what I had to say. I joined The Cauldron for various reasons, but mostly because the pagan groups in my area are very exclusive, and this seems like an inclusive place.For now, I'll hop back down the rabbit hole.

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 12:06:23 am »

Welcome to the forum!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 07:07:49 am »

I have some in-laws near Louisville; it is a city in the midst of rural Americana from what I remember. I think you'll find the cauldron quite inclusive. Welcome!
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:23:21 am »

Hello and welcome :)

dragonflydreamer68

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: druidism
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 07:24:56 am »
I'm probably going to ramble a bit, fair warning. I'm from the Southern USA, in a fairly large (for so close to rural areas anyway) city. I converted from Christiatill find myself clinging to various aspects of Christianity, as I'm still a bit afraid of the consequences. I'm mostly interested in Celtic pantheons, but I've also dabbled with Norse and Hindi, plus my own special blend of the Native American beliefs my mother taught me.

welcome

Tags: