collapse

Author Topic: Hello from Broome County New York!  (Read 1228 times)

Lalila Nokomas

• Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Hello from Broome County New York!
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:12:17 pm »

Hi, on here I will be going by Lalila Nokomas- you can use either as a 'first' name. I am here because I want to get back into Wicca after a few years away-back as Christian tho this time Methodist, not Baptist. I am going to take a Christian Witch approach for awhile to allow me a gentle transition that my family may not notice.
I am 19 years old and married-July 15th 2017-happily to my soul mate and best friend. He-I am pan and married a cis male- and I have been best friends since we met on the first day of school in 2010!
I am a student, studying Entrepreneurship but mostly just trying to keep loans in deferment.
If you have seen Ella Enchanted, I like to think I am like Benny the boyfriend book. If you ask I will answer, but I am still an open book. So ask away! :)
I am looking for Tublr pages to follow to help me out and android apps as well, so feel free to comment yours! My Tumblr is https://www.tumblr.com/blog/merwitch-lalilanokomas
[align=center] NOKOMAS [/align]
[align=center] What matters is that you believe in you [/align]
[align=center] <3 Blessed Be <3 [/align]

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
Re: Hello from Broome County New York!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:07:35 pm »
Hi, on here I will be going by Lalila Nokomas- you can use either as a 'first' name. I am here because I want to get back into Wicca after a few years away-back as Christian tho this time Methodist, not Baptist. I am going to take a Christian Witch approach for awhile to allow me a gentle transition that my family may not notice.
I am 19 years old and married-July 15th 2017-happily to my soul mate and best friend. He-I am pan and married a cis male- and I have been best friends since we met on the first day of school in 2010!
I am a student, studying Entrepreneurship but mostly just trying to keep loans in deferment.
If you have seen Ella Enchanted, I like to think I am like Benny the boyfriend book. If you ask I will answer, but I am still an open book. So ask away! :)
I am looking for Tublr pages to follow to help me out and android apps as well, so feel free to comment yours! My Tumblr is https://www.tumblr.com/blog/merwitch-lalilanokomas

Interesting.

We only have two legitimately young people here, myself and HarpingHawke, and Hawke is AWOL atm doing zir silly 'college' thing. It's nice therefore to have a fellow kiddo around. I hope you stick around -- few newcomers do these days; and I'm fairly sure that a good portion of the membership posts from retirement homes. Altair especially. Keep an eye on him.

Sunflower P is our Benevolent Overlord; RandallS is our Benevolent Over-Overlord who usually watches over us with benign neglect. Listen to them or we will fire you from a cannon directly into the Sun. Jenett is the resident supercomputer in case you have very specific questions.

Mazel tov on your marriage! Statistically speaking, given your age, it will crash and burn in a Hindenburg-like fashion but I have every hope that you and he will beat the odds. You have my condolences vis-a-via having been a Baptist; and although I am fond enough of Methodism to find your departure regrettable I hope Wicca provides you with some succour. If done correctly it can be very nourishing for the soul.

Pagan Tumblr is a decaying wasteland of misinformation and well-meaning falsehoods so I would generally recommend avoiding it altogether. There are of course exceptions but do be discerning. Jenett's website (http://gleewood.org/seeking) is a great place to start for info, and I personally enjoyed Raven Grimassi's 'Crafting Wiccan Traditions' as a good book if you want to indulge in a more tailored Craft. Avoid Silver RavenWolf as if she is a carrier of the bubonic plague.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:12:36 pm »
Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Lalila Nokomas

• Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Re: Hello from Broome County New York!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:23:18 am »
Interesting.

We only have two legitimately young people here, myself and HarpingHawke, and Hawke is AWOL atm doing zir silly 'college' thing. It's nice therefore to have a fellow kiddo around. I hope you stick around -- few newcomers do these days; and I'm fairly sure that a good portion of the membership posts from retirement homes. Altair especially. Keep an eye on him.

Sunflower P is our Benevolent Overlord; RandallS is our Benevolent Over-Overlord who usually watches over us with benign neglect. Listen to them or we will fire you from a cannon directly into the Sun. Jenett is the resident supercomputer in case you have very specific questions.

Mazel tov on your marriage! Statistically speaking, given your age, it will crash and burn in a Hindenburg-like fashion but I have every hope that you and he will beat the odds. You have my condolences vis-a-via having been a Baptist; and although I am fond enough of Methodism to find your departure regrettable I hope Wicca provides you with some succour. If done correctly it can be very nourishing for the soul.

Pagan Tumblr is a decaying wasteland of misinformation and well-meaning falsehoods so I would generally recommend avoiding it altogether. There are of course exceptions but do be discerning. Jenett's website (http://gleewood.org/seeking) is a great place to start for info, and I personally enjoyed Raven Grimassi's 'Crafting Wiccan Traditions' as a good book if you want to indulge in a more tailored Craft. Avoid Silver RavenWolf as if she is a carrier of the bubonic plague.

Thank you for your advice. And is that a 'The Good Place' reference I see? Such a good show if I do say so myself. I hope my husband and I beat the odds as well, so far we are going very well. I do hope Wicca will be good for me, as well. Christianity doesn't work for my needs, it's just prayer after prayer, whereas Wicca has so many things I can do to help me. I look forward to all the names you mentioned.
[align=center] NOKOMAS [/align]
[align=center] What matters is that you believe in you [/align]
[align=center] <3 Blessed Be <3 [/align]

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 10:59:35 am »

Tags: