collapse

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 297 times)

EmberGalesong

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Solo Practicing Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/HER
Hello Everyone
« on: July 09, 2019, 03:26:11 am »
Hello! My name is Ember, 24 years old and I'm relatively new to Wicca, and paganism in general. While I prefer a solitary path (for the moment, I wish to form a private relationship with the God and the Goddess) I also value the importance of seeking wisdom from others.

I was raised roman catholic, but after years upon years of not getting it, having differing beliefs, and being "at odds" with it, I've decided to follow a path that I feel has called to me for years

In the week that I've studied and thought (I've begun by reading Wicca, A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner) I've found myself more spiritually fulfilled than I have in ages. I'm taking it slow, eschewing rituals and magic for the moment to attune to the divine, learning how to slow myself down and focus on the wonder of nature, and in general, follow a gentle tempo of discovery and wonder, as opposed to diving right in.

I have many questions of course, and while I'm unsure if the solitary path is still controversial, I'm excited to learn more about myself, our world, the Divines, and continuing to develop a relationship in a way I have never felt before

At the risk of sounding like a newbie, but in the most honest of intentions, blessed be, and I hope I get to know many of you on this so far wonderful journey
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:28:26 am by EmberGalesong »

EclecticWheel

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Re-evaluating, but broadly speaking, Catholic / Star & Marian Rites, Agnostic with faith
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 02:30:40 pm »
Hello! My name is Ember, 24 years old and I'm relatively new to Wicca, and paganism in general. While I prefer a solitary path (for the moment, I wish to form a private relationship with the God and the Goddess) I also value the importance of seeking wisdom from others.

I was raised roman catholic, but after years upon years of not getting it, having differing beliefs, and being "at odds" with it, I've decided to follow a path that I feel has called to me for years

In the week that I've studied and thought (I've begun by reading Wicca, A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner) I've found myself more spiritually fulfilled than I have in ages. I'm taking it slow, eschewing rituals and magic for the moment to attune to the divine, learning how to slow myself down and focus on the wonder of nature, and in general, follow a gentle tempo of discovery and wonder, as opposed to diving right in.

I have many questions of course, and while I'm unsure if the solitary path is still controversial, I'm excited to learn more about myself, our world, the Divines, and continuing to develop a relationship in a way I have never felt before

At the risk of sounding like a newbie, but in the most honest of intentions, blessed be, and I hope I get to know many of you on this so far wonderful journey

It is wise to take things slowly.  I've been on a still unfolding path for years now, and still I have to remind myself at times to take things slowly and only incorporate what I need into my practices.

Welcome.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Voren

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:10:17 pm »

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

PerditaPickle

• Sr. Master Member
  • What is this Personal Text then...?
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 04:59:37 pm »
Hello! My name is Ember

Hello Ember - blessed be and welcome.

Tried to post this previously but think the free WiFi on the train gave out :D
"If I get on, Susan thought, it'll all start again.  I'll be out of the light and into the world beyond this one.  I'll fall off the tightrope.
But a voice inside her said, You want to, though...don't you...?
Ten seconds later, there was only the snow."
(Terry Pratchett's Hogfather)

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Still seeking... getting closer...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 11:21:41 pm »

Hi Ember, and welcome to the forum. :)
What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

Tags: