Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Hello Again!  (Read 2070 times)

Xayna

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Northern Pagan Tradition
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them/their
Hello Again!
« on: February 23, 2020, 12:41:09 am »
Hi, all!

When I first joined this site in 2012, I was in high school and dealing with a lot of personal stuff, and I spent a few months intensely studying the few resources I got my hands on (that looking back were hokey and untrustworthy, but I didn't know better, haha). My spiritual journey (as well as my participation in these forums) fell by the wayside as other concerns became more pressing, my spiritual growth stagnating until very recently.

About two years ago, I began feeling pulled toward the cosmos again. At first, I interpreted the pull as a purely academic interest in the Universe and the physics that govern its movements, which prompted me to re-enroll in school with the (tentative) goal of a degree in physics, specifically astrophysics. However, I quickly realized that this internal restlessness and thirst for information is bigger and more personal than academic curiosity; I was being called by someone or something, but there was a block in place keeping me from tracing the signal back to the source. Perhaps coincidentally, though I sincerely doubt it, I found and purchased a pack of tarot cards that I connected with last week, a month into my first astronomy class. I've been looking for a deck that resonated with me for over a year, but none were right for me.

As soon as I found this deck, the spiritual epiphanies came rolling in, the biggest of which was that Loki had been calling to me and had, in fact, been interacting with me in various guises throughout my whole life. I started researching Norse mythology, Asatru, Vanatu, Heathenry, and Northern Tradition Paganism, which eventually led me to Rokkatru (which I may be misspelling, apologies) and the deep relief and release of tension that comes with finding a spiritual home.

I've come back to these forums to learn from and grow with others who walk similar paths. I'm excited to resume my spiritual journey and look forward to sharing my experiences with others who know what it's like to serve and build relationships with living, active deities.

NorthWolf

• View Profile
  • Religion: Northern European Mix
Re: Hello Again!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 02:22:03 pm »
Hi, all!

When I first joined this site in 2012, I was in high school and dealing with a lot of personal stuff, and I spent a few months intensely studying the few resources I got my hands on (that looking back were hokey and untrustworthy, but I didn't know better, haha). My spiritual journey (as well as my participation in these forums) fell by the wayside as other concerns became more pressing, my spiritual growth stagnating until very recently.

About two years ago, I began feeling pulled toward the cosmos again. At first, I interpreted the pull as a purely academic interest in the Universe and the physics that govern its movements, which prompted me to re-enroll in school with the (tentative) goal of a degree in physics, specifically astrophysics. However, I quickly realized that this internal restlessness and thirst for information is bigger and more personal than academic curiosity; I was being called by someone or something, but there was a block in place keeping me from tracing the signal back to the source. Perhaps coincidentally, though I sincerely doubt it, I found and purchased a pack of tarot cards that I connected with last week, a month into my first astronomy class. I've been looking for a deck that resonated with me for over a year, but none were right for me.

As soon as I found this deck, the spiritual epiphanies came rolling in, the biggest of which was that Loki had been calling to me and had, in fact, been interacting with me in various guises throughout my whole life. I started researching Norse mythology, Asatru, Vanatu, Heathenry, and Northern Tradition Paganism, which eventually led me to Rokkatru (which I may be misspelling, apologies) and the deep relief and release of tension that comes with finding a spiritual home.

I've come back to these forums to learn from and grow with others who walk similar paths. I'm excited to resume my spiritual journey and look forward to sharing my experiences with others who know what it's like to serve and build relationships with living, active deities.

Welcome back.  I too recently rejoined the forum.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 08:10:21 am »
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Aldrnari

• View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them/their
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 09:55:04 pm »

Haven't even made an intro post yet, was too excited to see someone else into Norse mythology/Heathenry to wait and respond later.
Your post tells me I'm in the right place and I'd love to talk more about working with Loki and the Norse pantheon in general if you're up for that. It's been very difficult for me to find much material about Him outside of the internet and while I'm all for jumping in the deep end this was one of those topics I was really hoping to read a book on first!
At any rate, welcome to the forum from another aspiring Heathen. :)

Tags: