[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: hello  (Read 1784 times)

SariusImpariul

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://nightgolem.deviantart.com/
hello
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:32:57 am »
Hi^^; I was told about this forum quite a bit back. Actually I joined it.. months ago? But I was too scared to post anything due to a bad experience on a different forum. In the end I didn't look much past the rules then and ignored the link to this place until now. I don't really remember what screen name I had before, I hadn't posted anything with it. So I'm trying to give this forum a chance, hoping to learn and enjoy.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:12:47 am »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;6405
Hi^^; I was told about this forum quite a bit back. Actually I joined it.. months ago? But I was too scared to post anything due to a bad experience on a different forum.

Welcome to TC!  I think you will find that every forum is different and (unless you are a spammer or a troll) experiences on one forum will not tell you much about what your experiences will be like on a different forum.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

OpenHands

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://mathbatu.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:40:43 am »
Hi^^; I was told about this forum quite a bit back. Actually I joined it.. months ago? But I was too scared to post anything due to a bad experience on a different forum. In the end I didn't look much past the rules then and ignored the link to this place until now. I don't really remember what screen name I had before, I hadn't posted anything with it. So I'm trying to give this forum a chance, hoping to learn and enjoy.

Welcome to the board, SariusImpariul.  Interesting screen name, what does it mean?  

I hope you won't let a rotten experience elsewhere get in the way of giving TC a try.  I've visited various pagan boards for about eight years and TC is still my hands-down favorite.  Nice to meet you.  :)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 11:52:47 am »

Welcome!

SariusImpariul

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:49:04 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;6457
Welcome to TC!  I think you will find that every forum is different and (unless you are a spammer or a troll) experiences on one forum will not tell you much about what your experiences will be like on a different forum.

That is true, every forum is different. I suppose I just scare too easy.. Thank you^^

Quote from: OpenHands;6466
Welcome to the board, SariusImpariul.  Interesting screen name, what does it mean?  

I hope you won't let a rotten experience elsewhere get in the way of giving TC a try.  I've visited various pagan boards for about eight years and TC is still my hands-down favorite.  Nice to meet you.  :)

Ahh, Sarius Impariul is my name. Not this bodys name but my name. I only ever tried two pagan forums before. I wont let it ruin it for me, I did eventually speak up here. I do plan to look around the forum though I am a shy person so I will likely do mostly looking and reading for awhile. I hope nobody minds.
Quote from: HeartShadow;6512
Welcome!

Thank you^^

Helmsman_of_Inepu

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 03:58:36 pm »

Welcome Sarius!
Kemetic Reconaissance blog.
ShrineBeautiful blog. Inspiring, enchanting sacred spaces.
FlameKeeping- Open Source Spirituality!

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »

Hiya, welcome to The Cauldron from a Kemetic therian!  :3  So far I've really enjoyed myself here, and I think you will too!  This has been my favorite Pagan forum I've ever been on!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  *chirps*
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

SariusImpariul

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 08:18:08 am »
Quote from: Helmsman_of_Inepu;6588
Welcome Sarius!

Thank you, with how many have greeted and spoken to me here I already feel quite welcome^^
Quote from: KittyVel;6944
Hiya, welcome to The Cauldron from a Kemetic therian!  :3  So far I've really enjoyed myself here, and I think you will too!  This has been my favorite Pagan forum I've ever been on!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  *chirps*

Ahh really? I will admit that is a very positive sign to me. There are places that don't make therians or other types of otherkins welcome. Actually the reason I was banned from the last forum I was in was because I am something similar to an otherkin and the owner banned me for roleplaying. The only issue with that is I hadn't roleplayed and she never had any proof that I had, not on the forums or on PMs- because I hadn't. I mean I think its fine if someone doesn't believe me, they don't need to its my beliefs not theirs. Sorry for ranting a little there, either way your comment has definitely reassured me that this place is good. I love cats. Actually I have a guardian that I used to think was a totem animal until I spoke to someone that knew more about totem animals that's a black panther, though those don't really exist in real life.

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:27 am »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;7059
Ahh really? I will admit that is a very positive sign to me. There are places that don't make therians or other types of otherkins welcome. Actually the reason I was banned from the last forum I was in was because I am something similar to an otherkin and the owner banned me for roleplaying. The only issue with that is I hadn't roleplayed and she never had any proof that I had, not on the forums or on PMs- because I hadn't. I mean I think its fine if someone doesn't believe me, they don't need to its my beliefs not theirs. Sorry for ranting a little there, either way your comment has definitely reassured me that this place is good. I love cats. Actually I have a guardian that I used to think was a totem animal until I spoke to someone that knew more about totem animals that's a black panther, though those don't really exist in real life.

Seriously?  That's some BS!  D:<  Then that wasn't a good environment to be in, especially if it's a forum focused on personal belief and they didn't accept that belief.  This place seems to be a safe haven for people of all beliefs, and that's what I love about it.  :3

Black panthers do exist in real life.  Fairly commonly, actually.  Leopards and jaguars with black fur actually have a genetic mutation called melanism (basically the opposite of albinism), which gives them an excess in pigment (where albinism gives an animal a lack of pigment).
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

SariusImpariul

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 12:51:14 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;7111
Seriously?  That's some BS!  D:<  Then that wasn't a good environment to be in, especially if it's a forum focused on personal belief and they didn't accept that belief.  This place seems to be a safe haven for people of all beliefs, and that's what I love about it.  :3

Black panthers do exist in real life.  Fairly commonly, actually.  Leopards and jaguars with black fur actually have a genetic mutation called melanism (basically the opposite of albinism), which gives them an excess in pigment (where albinism gives an animal a lack of pigment).

Yes, I suppose its not a good environment to be in if you can't even voice your emotional distress fully without getting spammed with stupid questions that even an idiot could see where ridiculous if they just stood back for a moment and actually looked.

But those are leopards and jaguars have markings, they are dark, not black. My guardian is pure black furred.. Then again that might be a spirit thing. I have heard of guardians and totem animals besides my own having unique colorings. I saw the panther for the first time when I was so young I didn't know I should be scared, because I didn't really know what it was!

Miluna

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 01:23:27 pm »

Welcome to TC :)
My blog - An Open Flame

Tags: