RitaCeleste

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Not Sure
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Hello
« on: December 01, 2018, 06:30:23 pm »
My great aunt started reading me Bible stories rather young.  I was in a bad car accident one month before I turned four.  I had a near death experience.  I met a God who played Jesus just for me.  And I met a Goddess who gave me a chance to ask a new soul to be my second daughter.  I was supposed to learn and worship her as well at some point in my life. 

Well, my second daughter is 17 and she always prays to the Goddess.  But we were bad Christian who didn't read the Bible much, never went to Church, and have shopping to do on Sunday.  She is getting the Wiccan books I picked up for her for Xmas.  She writes poems beautifully, I told her it never hurts to ask nicely. 

But we like a solitary secular type of thing.  I can heal.  My daughters have received the gift but not honed it yet.  It was after I found they could accept the gift that I began getting things like pendulums and cards and stones for them.  We all take meds for bipolar disorder and have for years.  I manage just fine on the meds I am on.  They don't hamper me as far as I can tell.  My children don't seem hampered either, just very green. 

I really didn't take to the regular tarot cards and I am using the Dreams of Gaia deck.  I love the cards and kinda want to know the stories behind the images.  Also maybe figuring out how to use it with different spreads where the reading isn't all spirit work.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:17:54 pm by Jenett »

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 07:29:02 pm »
My great aunt started reading me Bible stories rather young.  I was in a bad car accident one month before I turned four.  I had a near death experience.  I met a God who played Jesus just for me.  And I met a Goddess who gave me a chance to ask a new soul to be my second daughter.  I was supposed to learn and worship her as well at some point in my life.  Well, my second daughter is 17 and she always prays to the Goddess.  But we were bad Christian who didn't read the Bible much, never went to Church, and have shopping to do on Sunday.  She is getting the Wiccan books I picked up for her for Xmas.  She writes poems beautifully, I told her it never hurts to ask nicely.  But we like a solitary secular type of thing.  I can heal.  My daughters have received the gift but not honed it yet.  It was after I found they could accept the gift that I began getting things like pendulums and cards and stones for them.  We all take meds for bipolar disorder and have for years.  I manage just fine on the meds I am on.  They don't hamper me as far as I can tell.  My children don't seem hampered either, just very green.  I really didn't take to the regular tarot cards and I am using the Dreams of Gaia deck.  I love the cards and kinda want to know the stories behind the images.  Also maybe figuring out how to use it with different spreads where the reading isn't all spirit work.

Welcome.  I am always intrigued to hear near death experiences.  Thank you for sharing.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

RitaCeleste

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 08:07:01 pm »
Welcome.  I am always intrigued to hear near death experiences.  Thank you for sharing.

Well, most people don't ask.  They prefer to think what they think and surround themselves with people who agree.  I learned that it was for me to have that experience for myself.  It is of no benefit to anyone else really.  People always want to be shown or called on personally, can't take anyone's word for it.  That's just how it works.  Lots of people say dieing was the best thing that ever happened to them.  But most people are never gonna look forward to it if you know what I mean.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:17:51 pm »

Hi, RitaCeleste! Welcome!

One note, to make things easier for people reading the forum.

Long paragraphs without a line break can be hard for many members here to read. We really appreciate if you could hit  "enter" twice every few lines which adds some white space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those breaks, but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Jenett (with her staff hat on)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:02:15 pm »
My great aunt started reading me Bible stories rather young.  I was in a bad car accident one month before I turned four.  I had a near death experience.  I met a God who played Jesus just for me.  And I met a Goddess who gave me a chance to ask a new soul to be my second daughter.  I was supposed to learn and worship her as well at some point in my life. 

Well, my second daughter is 17 and she always prays to the Goddess.  But we were bad Christian who didn't read the Bible much, never went to Church, and have shopping to do on Sunday.  She is getting the Wiccan books I picked up for her for Xmas.  She writes poems beautifully, I told her it never hurts to ask nicely. 

But we like a solitary secular type of thing.  I can heal.  My daughters have received the gift but not honed it yet.  It was after I found they could accept the gift that I began getting things like pendulums and cards and stones for them.  We all take meds for bipolar disorder and have for years.  I manage just fine on the meds I am on.  They don't hamper me as far as I can tell.  My children don't seem hampered either, just very green. 

I really didn't take to the regular tarot cards and I am using the Dreams of Gaia deck.  I love the cards and kinda want to know the stories behind the images.  Also maybe figuring out how to use it with different spreads where the reading isn't all spirit work.

Hello and welcome, quite and interesting back story you have there.
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

RitaCeleste

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 11:37:22 am »
Hello and welcome, quite and interesting back story you have there.

I know its weird.  I have two daughters one is almost 21 and one is 17.  We are on the autistic spectrum and we have the bipolar as well.  Our house is rather normal and even boring most days.  My oldest daughter is working harder to learn the tarot. 

My youngest daughter may just decorate her room with the Wiccan kit and books I got her.  We are not too big on rituals and going all in on any religion.  We just don't have a strong desire keep up with all that.

But the pendulum and divination cards like the tarot, the Lenormand, and the Kipper cards are on my list of things to do first.

My oldest daughter is having some back trouble and difficulty feeling her energy when she tries healing.  I think she is supposed to learn her tarot, get sorted out at the chiropractor, get a certain type of crystal and wear it, then work on her healing.

Things just take time.  We have to live a life and that takes up most of the day.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 03:25:38 pm »

Welcome, RitaCeleste! The Dreams of Gaia deck is so beautiful! I didn't know it until you talked about it. Best of luck in your learning!
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

RitaCeleste

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 09:51:35 am »
Welcome, RitaCeleste! The Dreams of Gaia deck is so beautiful! I didn't know it until you talked about it. Best of luck in your learning!

I know!  Its a great deck to work with.  I do sometimes have to go back and work with the traditional deck.  They are going to come out with a mini deck for it.  I am going to get and use that one because this deck stretches the limits of my hands for shuffling.

I have decided to get a few books on herbs for my kindle.  I am leaving it there because if someone has a problem I research and google it anyway.  If the best meds for their problem are meds, I kinda tell them that.  If they can go to Walmart and pick up a vitamin, or herb, I tell them that too.

I have had great fun hunting down old free books of fairy tales and mythology on Amazon.  I think instead of worrying about Pagan Holidays and rituals and things, I am just going to read the kids fairy tales.  Yeah, I know they are 21 and 17.  I am behind is all....

We really need to stick to the pendulum, divination through cards, and energy healing for now.  That is plenty for us to try to get around to.  My sister can't work a pendulum at all.  Me and the kids can, but ours lie a lot so we need the cards.  They seem okay to clarify a reading with the cards though.  But we have learned not to trust the pendulum.

Tags: