Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1056 times)

lobisomem

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Hello!
« on: February 14, 2020, 03:18:22 pm »
Hello, all!

I'm a woman in her mid-20s, born and living in Brazil. I was raised by catholic parents (with a side of spiritualism) but always rejected Christianity for lack of faith, though I don't have any problems with it.

My path is a mixture of Hellenic and ancient Egyptian polytheism. Ever since I was a child I had this connection with the Hellenic and ancient Egyptian gods, though I didn't think it was possible to have that as a religion until a few years ago. I'm still trying to figure out how is the best way to practice, and lately I'm been going through what you might call a crisis of faith - a few events in my life strayed me from the gods, and I'm currently trying to reconnected with them.

I'm here to meet new people and learn more about my faith.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 05:41:28 pm »
My path is a mixture of Hellenic and ancient Egyptian polytheism. Ever since I was a child I had this connection with the Hellenic and ancient Egyptian gods, though I didn't think it was possible to have that as a religion until a few years ago. I'm still trying to figure out how is the best way to practice, and lately I'm been going through what you might call a crisis of faith - a few events in my life strayed me from the gods, and I'm currently trying to reconnected with them.

Hello!

You may want to check out the Religious SIG (Special Interest Group) group of folders - we're working on a project to make things easier to find and manage, but you can find a lot of great content and ideas there about specific deities and reconstructionist paths. Also resources and commentary about which resources are useful.

My own practice is religious witchcraft, and while my personal deity work is mostly English or maybe Romano-British (longer story!) my tradition works primarily with Greek and Egyptian deities, mostly the ones where there was some cross-cultural interaction going on at different points. If you ever want thoughts about working with either set not in a reconstructionist context (but with attention to historical information), I'm glad to talk about a lot of it.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 07:03:12 am »
Hello, all!

Hi and welcome (and also, what Jenett said!)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 12:43:57 pm »

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 10:04:37 pm »
Hello, all!

I'm a woman in her mid-20s, born and living in Brazil. I was raised by catholic parents (with a side of spiritualism) but always rejected Christianity for lack of faith, though I don't have any problems with it.

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

NorthWolf

• View Profile
  • Religion: Northern European Mix
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 02:17:05 pm »
Hello, all!

Hello and Welcome!

Tags: