[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1162 times)

Aos Si

• View Profile
Hello!
« on: February 17, 2019, 01:44:23 pm »
Hello to all! I'll keep this brief as I'm never sure what to say in these things. I'm a 40-ish herbalist, gardener, and occasional artist with an interest in Appalachian folk medicine and traditional herbal remedies. Hoping to have my own nursery one day so I can spend my time playing in the dirt, lol. I'm probably more spiritual than anything at this point as I haven't been able to settle on any specific path (although Druidry comes pretty close).

It's very nice to meet you all!  :)

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 02:05:19 pm »
I'm a 40-ish herbalist, gardener, and occasional artist with an interest in Appalachian folk medicine and traditional herbal remedies.

Hello and welcome!
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 05:42:36 pm »
Hello to all! I'll keep this brief as I'm never sure what to say in these things. I'm a 40-ish herbalist, gardener, and occasional artist with an interest in Appalachian folk medicine and traditional herbal remedies. Hoping to have my own nursery one day so I can spend my time playing in the dirt, lol. I'm probably more spiritual than anything at this point as I haven't been able to settle on any specific path (although Druidry comes pretty close).

Hi and welcome - I'm pretty-close to following Druidry too!

It's nice to meet you too  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:02:33 pm »

Hello and welcome! I; too, am an artist, and I also have quiet an interest in herbal medicine and such; well, edible and medicinal wild plants, fruit, nuts and fungi. I look forward to seeing your posts!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft/Gaelic polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 10:24:36 pm »

Welcome, I hope you like it here!
"Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people."

- W.B. Yeats

Uneryx

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's eclectic (woogie woogie woogie)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 10:31:03 pm »

Greetings! I like your username and icon :)

Zlote Jablko

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Slavic/ PIE Recon
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 11:07:22 pm »

Greetings Aos Si! You sound a bit like my mother’s partner. She’s a bit of a backyard farmer with Native American ancestry.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Tags: