collapse

Author Topic: Greetings y'all  (Read 1007 times)

JupiterSkies

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • E.M. Sabolcik
  • Religion: Eclectic witch
Greetings y'all
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:37:52 pm »
The name is Eva.

I've been a practicing witch for 12 years.  I cried so hard, terrified as I told Mom I was quitting youth group because I'd been reading around Geocities sites and was very certain I was a witch.  She hugged me and laughed, and told me she had to go call my half-sister.  A week later, I got a small package in the mail.  It was my sister's pentacle necklace and ring, and a short note.  "Wear them well."  Haven't looked back since.

Stayed pretty quiet in high school, but blossomed in college.  Was an active member of MSU's eclectic pagan group all four years, including being an officer for three years.  I've also been their adviser for four years now. 

I do mostly stone, deity, and animal work.  I have **coughs and you hear what sounds suspiciously like "at least 4000, it's been a bit since I've taken a census, I'm losing count honestly"** crystals in house, and am an amethyst fiend. 

Deities... I spend a lot of time talking with the Greeks, most of them.  I also work with a couple of rather UPG deities.  I don't like talking about them a lot, but they are why I am as I am, and so I include them here.  Life would be drastically different without them.

Most of my animal work is with my betta fish and an increasing collection of stuffed animals (the Boy doesn't feel like our new-to-us house is ready for a dog yet*, but one day he'll wake up and find the house full to the brim of crystals and stuffed animals and he'll probably contemplate his sanity).

I also write.  I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and my friends finally exerted enough energy to push me into taking myself more seriously.  We'll see where it goes.

I go through phases where I crave some online interaction about bits and bobs of my practice, and that's where I'm at right now.  Expect some lurking to commence!

I'm glad to be here.  Best, all.

*He wants to wait until all the projects on the house are done.  We are first-time homeowners, and I've been told by many friends that such a thing is a myth.  We both grew up with dogs, so... all things in due time, I suppose.
Eclectic witch - crystal, deity, animal focused work.
I write, mostly poetry.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
Re: Greetings y'all
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:02 am »
The name is Eva.

Welcome, Miss Eva. All the best to you.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:50:29 pm »
The name is Eva.

I've been a practicing witch for 12 years.  I cried so hard, terrified as I told Mom I was quitting youth group because I'd been reading around Geocities sites and was very certain I was a witch.  She hugged me and laughed, and told me she had to go call my half-sister.  A week later, I got a small package in the mail.  It was my sister's pentacle necklace and ring, and a short note.  "Wear them well."  Haven't looked back since.

Stayed pretty quiet in high school, but blossomed in college.  Was an active member of MSU's eclectic pagan group all four years, including being an officer for three years.  I've also been their adviser for four years now. 

I do mostly stone, deity, and animal work.  I have **coughs and you hear what sounds suspiciously like "at least 4000, it's been a bit since I've taken a census, I'm losing count honestly"** crystals in house, and am an amethyst fiend. 

Deities... I spend a lot of time talking with the Greeks, most of them.  I also work with a couple of rather UPG deities.  I don't like talking about them a lot, but they are why I am as I am, and so I include them here.  Life would be drastically different without them.

Most of my animal work is with my betta fish and an increasing collection of stuffed animals (the Boy doesn't feel like our new-to-us house is ready for a dog yet*, but one day he'll wake up and find the house full to the brim of crystals and stuffed animals and he'll probably contemplate his sanity).

I also write.  I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and my friends finally exerted enough energy to push me into taking myself more seriously.  We'll see where it goes.

I go through phases where I crave some online interaction about bits and bobs of my practice, and that's where I'm at right now.  Expect some lurking to commence!

*He wants to wait until all the projects on the house are done.  We are first-time homeowners, and I've been told by many friends that such a thing is a myth.  We both grew up with dogs, so... all things in due time, I suppose.

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:28:16 am »

meno silencio

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 11:25:51 am »
The name is Eva.

Hey Eva! I'm also new here. That's a truly beautiful story!!!! : D I'm also a writer, so kudos on that, hope you do well. <3 (FYI I'm also convinced my DH will someday wake up too and start wondering why he ended up with a book hoarding witch lol)

Tags: