collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Greetings from Minnesota!  (Read 1919 times)

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Greetings from Minnesota!
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »
I have been called back into full on practicing from somewhat relentess calling from my matron goddess, and since getting back into meditating, have been reached out to by a patron god. I have a really strong Norse heritage, and lean to Asatru beliefs, but am still somewhat eclectic in practice.

Dubba means bear in Bedouin, a nickname given to me by my Palestinian boyfriend. Since going through some very trying transitions in my life, I've been bombarded by bears, and this urge to practice again, and found quickly that Artio was calling me. She's a goddess worshipped by early Celtic and Germanic tribes, so fits into my pantheon well. Her personality and traits are remarkably similar to mine, mama bear called me home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Greetings from Minnesota!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 06:49:25 pm »
I have been called back into full on practicing from somewhat relentess calling from my matron goddess, and since getting back into meditating, have been reached out to by a patron god. I have a really strong Norse heritage, and lean to Asatru beliefs, but am still somewhat eclectic in practice.

Dubba means bear in Bedouin, a nickname given to me by my Palestinian boyfriend. Since going through some very trying transitions in my life, I've been bombarded by bears, and this urge to practice again, and found quickly that Artio was calling me. She's a goddess worshipped by early Celtic and Germanic tribes, so fits into my pantheon well. Her personality and traits are remarkably similar to mine, mama bear called me home

Hello, Dubba, and welcome! We were viewing each other's profiles simultaneously. Mine has info; yours does not. But then, you're new.

So...welcome!

(Quote fixed by Morag.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:00:20 pm by Morag »
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:38:33 pm »
Thank you! That's a pretty neat coincidence lol i am quite new to this app, so still dinking around with it :)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:45:19 pm »

Welcome!

We have a rule here about quoting text from the message you're replying to - we know this is a bit strange for people, but it's really helpful in following conversations. You can quote text in Tapatalk by holding down your finger and a little menu should pop up with an option for "quote" You can edit out most (or even all) of the content, so long as you keep the quote code in place.

(If that doesn't work for you, please post in the Board Questions forum with what you've tried and what you see when you try it, and we can do our best to troubleshoot.)

On to your topic! I spent 12 years living in Minnesota (the Twin Cities, and I lived in both, plus two suburbs, at different points). There's a great and diverse Pagan community there. (And if you're able, Twin Cities Pagan Pride is a great place to meet people, and is coming up. I admit to bias: I was on the board until I moved out of state.)

I've also got a fondness for bears: not a direct part of my practice, but something that keeps coming up in different settings/meditation/etc.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 08:02:31 pm »
Oh my goodness!! I'm from Moorhead, but make to the cities plenty enough. I will definitely check it out, and must go when it's being held. I know there's a decent enough pagan population in Fargo/Moorhead thats growing, but the ND influence seems to keep things very church going conservative.

I have always held pagan beliefs, and practiced when I was younger, I've always had wickedly strong intuition and could read people extremely easily, not like minds, just intent. This was so strong that I could somewhat follow conversations my ex husbands family was having while I was staying in shenyang, even though I don't speak a lick of Chinese. I've had constant dreams, day dreams, bear imagery and items popping up around me since I met my boyfriend a year ago, and a lot of urges to get back to practicing. I started meditating and I got the same image that I've been having of a woman with a bearskin cloak/hood with baby bears around her legs, holding a basket from harvest. Looked her up, this is the exact depiction of Artio that people who follow her have of her. She is a goddess of protection, motherhood, hunt, harvest, intuition, adventure, mystery, and she leads you through dark times so you come out better, stronger, and wiser than before, like a pregnant bear hibernating through winter to awakening to being a mother in spring. I am getting out of a 5 year abusive marriage (10 years consecutive abuse including my prior ex), am a single mom, and the divorce/selling the house is rough because I have had to do all the work alone, so this realization has helped me immensely.

I am also extremely glad to find a place to speak with like minded people :D

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 09:23:02 pm »

Hello and welcome, from your neighboring state!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:52 pm »
Where are you at in ND Voren? Im in Moorhead, so right on the border :D

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 04:59:59 pm »

A Reminder:
Hi, dubba814,

Just a quick note, reiterating what Jenett mentioned above:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder. No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 05:09:14 pm »
A Reminder:
Hi, dubba814,

Just a quick note, reiterating what Jenett mentioned above:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder. No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff

I'm so new to this app, i just figured out how to do this. I'm so sorry lol thank you for letting me know.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 09:16:38 pm »
Where are you at in ND Voren? Im in Moorhead, so right on the border :D

Horace :D
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:35 am »

I have always held pagan beliefs, and practiced when I was younger, I've always had wickedly strong intuition and could read people extremely easily, not like minds, just intent. This was so strong that I could somewhat follow conversations my ex husbands family was having while I was staying in shenyang, even though I don't speak a lick of Chinese. I've had constant dreams, day dreams, bear imagery and items popping up around me since I met my boyfriend a year ago, and a lot of urges to get back to practicing. I started meditating and I got the same image that I've been having of a woman with a bearskin cloak/hood with baby bears around her legs, holding a basket from harvest. Looked her up, this is the exact depiction of Artio that people who follow her have of her. She is a goddess of protection, motherhood, hunt, harvest, intuition, adventure, mystery, and she leads you through dark times so you come out better, stronger, and wiser than before, like a pregnant bear hibernating through winter to awakening to being a mother in spring. I am getting out of a 5 year abusive marriage (10 years consecutive abuse including my prior ex), am a single mom, and the divorce/selling the house is rough because I have had to do all the work alone, so this realization has helped me immensely.

I am also extremely glad to find a place to speak with like minded people :D

Welcome! I feel like we have a lot in common!

I left my abusive ex in 2016. During my abuse/pregnancy I found Brighid. It was only later that I found out she is also the matron saint of abused mothers and children and of Florida (which is personally significant, but I won't go into details here.) Luckily (unfortunately?) my ex refused to sell the house and let it fall to foreclosure, which resulted in bankruptcy for me. In a way I'm glad to have the slate washed clean, even though it will take years to recover. If you ever need/want to talk, feel free to PM me. :)
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 09:36:25 am »
Welcome! I feel like we have a lot in common!

I left my abusive ex in 2016. During my abuse/pregnancy I found Brighid. It was only later that I found out she is also the matron saint of abused mothers and children and of Florida (which is personally significant, but I won't go into details here.) Luckily (unfortunately?) my ex refused to sell the house and let it fall to foreclosure, which resulted in bankruptcy for me. In a way I'm glad to have the slate washed clean, even though it will take years to recover. If you ever need/want to talk, feel free to PM me. :)
My ex just this past year overturned the entire divorce because he didn't want the Mercer agreement, and threatened to make it a long ugly court process if i didnt throw everything out. That gives me chills, we definitely did go through remarkably similar circumstances. I, too, had a child during that time, I guess Artio found me because I am a bear like in personality, and grew up in the Minnesota woods :)

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 11:43:26 am »

Tags:

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 225
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal