Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Greetings from Canada! :3  (Read 1951 times)

SpiralArm

• View Profile
Greetings from Canada! :3
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:06:43 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a good forum board where I can call myself home! Hopefully this is it. :3

My name is Lukas, and I'm an eclectic/naturalist pagan just trying to learn and understand as many different perspectives as possible.

My fascination with paganism stemmed from the inadequacy of atheism to really be fulfilling, so I sort of went from a love of poetry and celtic mythos to environmentalism to pantheism to paganism. :>

I am very excited to start chatting with you all!
And therefore I have sailed the seas and come
To the holy city of Byzantium.

Nyktelios

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Canada! :3
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:34:11 pm »
Quote from: SpiralArm;104788
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a good forum board where I can call myself home! Hopefully this is it. :3

My name is Lukas, and I'm an eclectic/naturalist pagan just trying to learn and understand as many different perspectives as possible.

My fascination with paganism stemmed from the inadequacy of atheism to really be fulfilling, so I sort of went from a love of poetry and celtic mythos to environmentalism to pantheism to paganism. :>

Welcome, fellow Canuck :)

SpiralArm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
Quote from: Carnelian;104792
Welcome, fellow Canuck :)

Why thank you!
Though, I am a tad bummed by the ads. And the restriction on replying. =\
Hmm, well, if this is such a popular forum, there must be something to it!

EDIT: Ahh, it seems as though the ads aren't as intrusive as I originally thought. Weird. This forum is certainly structured differently from others I'm used to.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:58:33 pm by SpiralArm »
And therefore I have sailed the seas and come
To the holy city of Byzantium.

Violet Skies

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:20:33 am »
Quote from: SpiralArm;104796
Why thank you!
Though, I am a tad bummed by the ads. And the restriction on replying. =\
Hmm, well, if this is such a popular forum, there must be something to it!

EDIT: Ahh, it seems as though the ads aren't as intrusive as I originally thought. Weird. This forum is certainly structured differently from others I'm used to.

Haha, welcome to the forum.  Part of why it`s a popular forum (in my mind) is because it`s well moderated which keeps people from jumping through their computers and killing each other when they butt their theological heads, and because it has an extremely wide range of people who use it.  I find this especially helpful when I want opinions from as many different spiritual paths as I can get.  So basically, if you want to learn from lots of different people from lots of different backgrounds/spiritual orientations, this is definetly a good place to start. :)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 07:56:34 am »

Welcome to TC!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 11:02:29 am »

Welcome. :)

Siovale

• View Profile
  • Religion: None
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 04:04:08 pm »

My name is Lukas

Glad to meet a fellow Canadian, Lukas. :)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 09:55:41 pm »

Hello and welcome neighbor to the north ^V^
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Karren

• Jr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christian
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 06:12:23 am »
Glad to meet a fellow Canadian, Lukas. :)
I find this especially helpful [spam link removed --RSS] when I want opinions from as many different spiritual paths as I can get.  So basically, if you want to learn from lots of different people from lots of different backgrounds/spiritual orientations, this is definetly a good place to start. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:46:31 am by RandallS »

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:56 am »
I find this especially helpful [spam link removed] when I want opinions from as many different spiritual paths as I can get.  So basically, if you want to learn from lots of different people from lots of different backgrounds/spiritual orientations, this is definetly a good place to start. :)

SPAM ALERT! SPAM ALERT! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!

[removing spam link from quote - Sunflower]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:00:59 pm by SunflowerP »
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:34 am »
I find this especially helpful [spam link removed] when I want opinions from as many different spiritual paths as I can get.  So basically, if you want to learn from lots of different people from lots of different backgrounds/spiritual orientations, this is definetly a good place to start. :)
This is quality, top-shelf spam. This is banquet spam.

[removing spam link from quote - Sunflower]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:02:02 pm by SunflowerP »
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 09:05:47 am »
This is quality, top-shelf spam. This is banquet spam.

Spam and Egg Salad Roll Recipe

makes 12 rolls

1/2 can spam
        tamago-yaki
        fresh spinach
        vermicelli, cooked and cooled
        round rice paper wrappers
        fish sauce vinaigrette to serve, if desired

Remove the spam from the can. Slice the block in half and save one half for spam fried rice or whatever your heart desires. Slice the remaining half into 3 even slices and then cut each spam steak into 4 strips so you have 12 strips.

Heat up a skillet that will hold all the spam strips over medium-low heat. Cook the spam until crisp and brown, flipping so all sides are even. While the spam is cooking (it can take a while -it’s best to cook spam low and slow) make your tamago-yaki (recipe below).

When the spam is crisp, remove from the heat and drain on paper towels.

Take a rice paper wrapper and completely submerge it in a bowl of hot tap water for 10-15 seconds. Place the wrapper on a plate or cutting board – it’ll continue to soften as your assembling your roll. Add fillings as desired: spinach, spam, tamago-yaki, vermicelli. Fold the bottom half of the wrapper up over the filling, hold the fold in place, fold in the sides and roll. Enjoy with fish sauce, if desired. Repeat as needed.

Tamago Yaki Recipe
    serves 1-2

3 eggs
        1 tablespoon mirin
        1 tablespoon sugar
        1 teaspoon light soy sauce

Crack your eggs and lightly mix them. You don’t want to incorporate air into them so the best way is to use chopsticks: stir them gently without whipping, but make sure that the eggs and yolks are completely homogeneous. Add the mirin, sugar and soy and gently mix in.

Use a paper towel to evenly spread a bit of oil in your pan. Heat it on medium low heat, then add a small amount of the egg mixture and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.

The egg will start to cook and solidify immediately. The eggs don’t need to be entirely cooked, in fact, they should be a tiny bit moist on top so that the egg sticks to itself. Using a spatula, fold the egg over onto itself. You want to fold it at 1 – 1 1/2 inch intervals so at the end you have flat omelette that’s about 1 -1 1/2 inches wide.
    Remove from the pan and set aside on a cutting board. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Cut the tamago-yaki into strips 3 inch x 1/2 inch strips and use in the salad rolls.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Tags: