Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Today at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Today at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Greetings from a Vedic/Tantric witch  (Read 1379 times)

Fleur

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Greetings from a Vedic/Tantric witch
« on: August 19, 2015, 12:52:04 am »
Hi everyone! I'm completely new to this world, and very excited to be here. I've been reading this forum for a few days, and finally decided to register tonight. *waves*

I'm a baby infant witch, a follower of the Hindu pantheon, a devotee of Durga, and a spiritual seeker like many members here I suppose. I'm not here to judge or argue or throw my opinions around, but to listen, learn and share whatever I know in my turn. I'm more on the monist side of the polytheist spectrum, who knows I may be wrong! Some of the best threads and blog posts I've read on religious questions were written by hard polytheists so really I'm up for listening to any point of view.

Right now I'm interested in learning more about the Hindu pantheon. I was brought up a Hindu, but didn't feel a personal connection with Them until quite recently. I'm currently more interested in hearing other people's UPG, and opening up my third eye enough to experience my own UPG, than relying on lore. I hope to be able to share with you all that I learn as well.

I have a special connection with Durga, and also an affinity for Kali. But I also have a relationship with the "gentler" goddesses like Lakshmi and Saraswati, and also Ganesha.

That about covers it I guess. Glad to be here!

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from a Vedic/Tantric witch
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:20:00 am »
Quote from: Waterbender;179025
Hi everyone! I'm completely new to this world, and very excited to be here. I've been reading this forum for a few days, and finally decided to register tonight. *waves*

I'm a baby infant witch, a follower of the Hindu pantheon, a devotee of Durga, and a spiritual seeker like many members here I suppose. I'm not here to judge or argue or throw my opinions around, but to listen, learn and share whatever I know in my turn. I'm more on the monist side of the polytheist spectrum, who knows I may be wrong! Some of the best threads and blog posts I've read on religious questions were written by hard polytheists so really I'm up for listening to any point of view.

Right now I'm interested in learning more about the Hindu pantheon. I was brought up a Hindu, but didn't feel a personal connection with Them until quite recently. I'm currently more interested in hearing other people's UPG, and opening up my third eye enough to experience my own UPG, than relying on lore. I hope to be able to share with you all that I learn as well.

I have a special connection with Durga, and also an affinity for Kali. But I also have a relationship with the "gentler" goddesses like Lakshmi and Saraswati, and also Ganesha.

That about covers it I guess. Glad to be here!

HELLO DID SOMEONE SAY SARASWATI???

Welcome to the forum. I'm not monist, but I'm not a super hard polytheist either, because I've dealt with the Indian gods and experienced how...fluid, their individualities are. Lakshmi and Saraswati in particular merge and separate at will for me.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Fleur

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 12:10:18 pm »
Well hi there!! That's so cool, Saraswati is great.

I'm not able to hear/see Them yet, except in my dreams, but it's very interesting to hear that you have this experience with Lakshmi and Saraswati.  :)

theharmoniouscrow

• View Profile
    • http://theharmoniouscrow.com
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 12:15:39 pm »

Glad to be here!

Welcome!
I'm still looking for my Path and Who I will interact with... or should I say, Who will interact with ME! I know that I was drawn here, and drawn to this Path, but I'm still seeking my answers.
Good luck and once again, welcome :)
"It\'s often a person\'s mouth that broke their nose." - Old Irish saying.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 11:37:01 am »
Quote from: Waterbender;179040
Well hi there!! That's so cool, Saraswati is great.

I'm not able to hear/see Them yet, except in my dreams, but it's very interesting to hear that you have this experience with Lakshmi and Saraswati.  :)

Welcome to The Cauldron, Waterbender.

A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

jungblood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 09:26:14 am »

Hi there waterbender! im also new here on the forum and it sounds like we're coming from a similar place... i've been a buddhist and sometimes student of vedanta for a few years now, but my interest in the divine feminine has brought me here... im looking forward to learning more about Paganism...:)

Hugs,
Lucas

Jainarayan

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 10:21:52 am »

Btw did you know that each of those goddesses has a tantric form? The Mahavidya.

Fleur

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:48:39 am »
Quote from: jungblood;179221
Hi there waterbender! im also new here on the forum and it sounds like we're coming from a similar place... i've been a buddhist and sometimes student of vedanta for a few years now, but my interest in the divine feminine has brought me here... im looking forward to learning more about Paganism...:)

Hugs,
Lucas

Hi Lucas, welcome to the board! Sorry I'm just seeing this message now. I hope you find the threads here helpful, I certainly have, and I'd be happy to help you out anyway I can. Interesting to see we have 4 or 5 "dharmic" practitioners on this board!

Quote from: Thorbjorn;179222
Btw did you know that each of those goddesses has a tantric form? The Mahavidya.

Yep, I worship Kamala and Kali  :)

Tags: