collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Greetings from a beginner and knowledge seeker  (Read 1315 times)

BrittyBrit

Greetings from a beginner and knowledge seeker
« on: August 09, 2015, 02:27:34 pm »
Greetings everyone!  I am new to posting and using forums rather than in the online education format, so please bear with me if I make a mistake.  I am open and willing to learn not just about proper forum/thread use; but about anything that fellow members would be willing to to teach me about their beliefs and this new Pagan world that I am stepping into.  Nearly a year of terrible and some life altering incidents, losses & accidents; have left me despondent, lonely and low on faith.  I am looking for something to believe in, along with a safe place filled with nice people who are open to directing and sharing their knowledge with a person who is new to Paganism.
     I am particularly interested in the healing powers of crystals, rocks & minerals.  I walked into a stone shop recently and literally felt a connection, one that I want to explore further and hope to find people here that might be able to help me explore this and other non traditional faiths and/or belief systems. Thank You and hope to meet everyone soon!:)

Gabriel

• View Profile
    • http://gabrielcassata.tumblr.com
Re: Greetings from a beginner and knowledge seeker
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 03:02:15 pm »
Quote from: BrittyBrit;178452
Greetings everyone!  I am new to posting and using forums rather than in the online education format, so please bear with me if I make a mistake.  I am open and willing to learn not just about proper forum/thread use; but about anything that fellow members would be willing to to teach me about their beliefs and this new Pagan world that I am stepping into.  Nearly a year of terrible and some life altering incidents, losses & accidents; have left me despondent, lonely and low on faith.  I am looking for something to believe in, along with a safe place filled with nice people who are open to directing and sharing their knowledge with a person who is new to Paganism.
     I am particularly interested in the healing powers of crystals, rocks & minerals.  I walked into a stone shop recently and literally felt a connection, one that I want to explore further and hope to find people here that might be able to help me explore this and other non traditional faiths and/or belief systems. Thank You and hope to meet everyone soon!:)

Hello and welcome!

Lots of friendly and nonjudgmental folks of all experience levels around here so please look around and soak up whatever bits of knowledge feel right.

As an early explorer into the larger Pagan world, I think the best thing to do is read and read and read some more. Some things will really click with you and other things won't... and that's ok. Personally, I fell into a frustrating trap early on my own path where I felt like I didn't fit anywhere because, despite feeling strongly Pagan in my beliefs, no particular Pagan path was a 100% fit. And it kept me from making any meaningful spiritual connections for far too long. It wasn't until I stopped trying to force myself into places I didn't feel genuine connections with, that it really started to make sense. So keep an open mind and explore everything. You never know where you're true spiritual path might be leading you :)

It sounds like you've already begun to feel drawn to some holistic healing concepts, specifically crystals and stones. I recently started exploring this realm as well and it led me to a magical handmade 'whisper stone' pendant. As soon as I held it in my hands, I felt a strong connection to the stone, like a bond was being created, and I haven't taken it off since. I still don't know what all this means but it's so much fun finding out!

Welcome to the wider world!
my Art & Illustration portfolio

Demophon

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 03:09:57 pm »

Welcome! :)

theharmoniouscrow

• View Profile
    • http://theharmoniouscrow.com
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:31:34 am »

Welcome, BrittyBrit.
I'm also a newcomer and my experience so far with this forum is that everyone is willing to share and everyone is willing to learn (even the long timers) and everyone is very accepting.

Enjoy the experience and we'll be wandering our Paths along with you.
"It\'s often a person\'s mouth that broke their nose." - Old Irish saying.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: