Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 1376 times)

Muir

• View Profile
Greetings and Salutations
« on: October 07, 2013, 06:42:06 am »
Hello, there~ I'm Kimberly (though Muir is fine), and I'm new to not only this forum, but to the pagan community in general, however I have been studying bits and pieces for the past ten years as I was able to. Still, I know I don't know much, but I am always eager to learn, as well as share what I do know.

I have always been leaning more towards the Celtic way of life, as I am Celtic by birth, and a very short time ago I discovered Celtic Reconstruction, which seems to be the exact thing I've been searching for all along. I already know some of the lore and mythology and traditions of the Celts, and I actually recently found a book on The Morrigan that I am slowly working my way through. Any helpful advice or links would be very well appreciated!

I grew up in a -very- restrictive Christian home, and as a result I have no interest in pursuing any worship in any deity. My experiences with the Christian God and my mother's eccentric beliefs were more than enough to turn me away from all deities, but please feel free to share your experiences with me, I would love to hear them. Just please refrain from trying to push me into following any particular god/goddess(es); I will respect your beliefs if you respect mine. That's probably the only thing I might get frustrated with, but please understand that my experiences with Christianity was a very dark time for me, and I am actually in therapy for depression that was heavily impacted by this.

Lessee, anything else... I enjoy reading and writing, as well as free-form RP, and when I can I like to go to the park with my roommates/friends and just hang out. We may not do much, but I like spending time with them, and I like to be outside when the weather's nice. I love the ocean, even if I've only been there a few times, and pretty much anything water-related (rain, swimming, etc.) Ummm...I think that's about all for now, feel free to ask about anything that tickles your fancy!
~The only thing constant is change.~

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Greetings and Salutations
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 07:40:07 am »
Quote from: Muir;124352
Hello, there~ I'm Kimberly (though Muir is fine)....

Hi! Welcome to The Cauldron (and to the Pagan community in general).
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:22:43 pm »
Hello, there~ I'm Kimberly

Welcome to TC :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:41:34 pm »

Welcome!
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:04:08 pm »
Hello, there~ I'm Kimberly (though Muir is fine),

Welcome. :)

Capricious

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 10:12:12 pm »
Hello, there~ I'm Kimberly (though Muir is fine), and I'm new to not only this forum, but to the pagan community in general

Hello Muir~ I am Cap and I'm new to the community and the forum as well! good to see I'm not the only fresh face around here.

hecate8

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 12:45:38 am »
Hello, there~ I'm Kimberly (though Muir is fine),

Hello and welcome Kimberly.
Free or drug free? America can\'t be both!

Muir

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 06:56:04 am »
Quote from: hecate8;124396
Hello and welcome Kimberly.

Thanks, everyone! ^^ This place seems pretty friendly, of what I've seen so far~ :)
~The only thing constant is change.~

Aniera

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:59 am »
Hello, there~ I'm Kimberly (though Muir is fine), and I'm new to not only this forum, but to the pagan community in general, however I have been studying bits and pieces for the past ten years as I was able to. Still, I know I don't know much, but I am always eager to learn, as well as share what I do know.

Welcome Muir! Welcome to TC!
What A Shame To Have Wings & Never Fly

Becoming a mother is my greatest achievement.

Spiritual Blog: http://www.whimsicalmystical.blogspot.com

Arthurine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 03:03:35 am »

I grew up in a -very- restrictive Christian home, and as a result I have no interest in pursuing any worship in any deity. My experiences with the Christian God and my mother's eccentric beliefs were more than enough to turn me away from all deities, but please feel free to share your experiences with me, I would love to hear them. Just please refrain from trying to push me into following any particular god/goddess(es); I will respect your beliefs if you respect mine. That's probably the only thing I might get frustrated with, but please understand that my experiences with Christianity was a very dark time for me, and I am actually in therapy for depression that was heavily impacted by this.

Ohh my goodness, I can completely relate. My parents never pushed anything on me, but extended family and classmates did and it left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. I can also relate to dealing with depression, aaaaand I enjoy RP! (Generally MMO based rather than forum based lately.)

I would actually really enjoy talking to you some time about your experiences with Christianity because there are some ways that I feel like I am unable to give new ideologies (and some perfectly valid Christian beliefs) a chance to show me wisdom and I would like to work through my bitterness; I think talking to someone with similar experiences would really help. Let me know if you would be comfortable with that. :)

With any luck, I\'ll grow up to be Nanny Ogg.    

Tags: