Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: Greetings all!  (Read 1219 times)

Aetherwinds

• Sr. Newbie
  • M = GL (1- A) (1-R)
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's complicated
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Greetings all!
« on: February 20, 2019, 01:36:01 am »
Well met everyone. Here's how it goes: I'm a 46 years old occultist trying to connect the dots between my animist views on the Universe, Kaos magick and my Celtic/Norse ancestry calling. Yeah its complicated! I wish the spirits would lay a less jarring road before me, I'm not getting younger.

On a more physical aspect I'm an archaeologist who decided to leave the bones for corpses, or if you prefer, I'm studying to become a mortician, a calling I refused for many years but decided last year that I had to do or I would regret it all the rest of my life. Beside being an avid reader I also play many musical instruments and dabble in water painting.

I'm a a horrible gardener, everything that I touch dies, it's annoying. Actually I managed to keep a peace lily alive, the first plant in many years to make it, I'm still astonished. It's a bit of a paradox since I feel so alive and connected spiritually when I'm in a forest. I have a few pets, black cat, black kingsnake and a leech. I love them to bits and my childhood in the Canadian taiga was chasing after snakes, toads and hoping for a pet raven that I never got. Well I had a badly burned crow for a while, but it died, as electrocuted birds often do even months after their unfortunate accident.

I guess that's enough for an introduction. Wish we can have nice discussion on the forum.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
Re: Greetings all!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 01:38:46 am »

Hi! Welcome to TC, sounds like an interesting path led you here.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Zlote Jablko

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Slavic/ PIE Recon
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 01:45:12 am »
Well met everyone. Here's how it goes: I'm a 46 years old occultist trying to connect the dots between my animist views on the Universe, Kaos magick and my Celtic/Norse ancestry calling. Yeah its complicated! I wish the spirits would lay a less jarring road before me, I'm not getting younger.

On a more physical aspect I'm an archaeologist who decided to leave the bones for corpses, or if you prefer, I'm studying to become a mortician, a calling I refused for many years but decided last year that I had to do or I would regret it all the rest of my life. Beside being an avid reader I also play many musical instruments and dabble in water painting.

I'm a a horrible gardener, everything that I touch dies, it's annoying. Actually I managed to keep a peace lily alive, the first plant in many years to make it, I'm still astonished. It's a bit of a paradox since I feel so alive and connected spiritually when I'm in a forest. I have a few pets, black cat, black kingsnake and a leech. I love them to bits and my childhood in the Canadian taiga was chasing after snakes, toads and hoping for a pet raven that I never got. Well I had a badly burned crow for a while, but it died, as electrocuted birds often do even months after their unfortunate accident.

I guess that's enough for an introduction. Wish we can have nice discussion on the forum.

Live the dream. I wish you luck in all of your studies, and I’m sure it will be interesting speaking with you. I can’t say I know much about chaos magic, although I’m certain that someone has tried to tell me at some point.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 02:21:19 am »

I sympathize--trying to figure out how all the different bits of spirituality important to you connect can be an arduous process. I don't think it's ever too late to start, though.

Welcome to the Cauldron!
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:52:05 pm »

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 11:37:33 am »

Welcome Aetherwinds to TC! Your path sounds very interesting and intriguing. Take some time to read through the threads here on the board, but also explore the archived forums (basically TC's prior incarnation). Lots of information here to go through and see what would be useful.

I love that you're an archaeologist - may I ask what you mostly researched? You and @Morbid should also connect - he's a funeral home director/mortician in real life, and he's the local Death guy (his Patron is Anubis and he has had many experiences with spirits).

One last thing: kingsnakes are amazing!!! I have one myself (along with his sister, Nikola, a cornsnake) and have taken care of birds as a wildlife rehabber at a local wildlife hospital.

Merry met, and look forward to conversing with you more!

TGW
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Aetherwinds

• Sr. Newbie
  • M = GL (1- A) (1-R)
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's complicated
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 09:26:41 pm »
I love that you're an archaeologist - may I ask what you mostly researched? You and @Morbid should also connect - he's a funeral home director/mortician in real life, and he's the local Death guy (his Patron is Anubis and he has had many experiences with spirits).

Last dig I did was a prehistoric site in Canada dating 5000 years back. We got plenty of ceramic pots that were traded around the great lakes. The site is old enough that we could establish a seriation based on arrow heads and another on ceramic. It was amazing to see the pots crude making getting thinner, of better quality and more decorated! There was also a juxtaposition of historical artifacts like musket silex stones (imported from Europe of course) etc. The most striking thing for me were how much frog and fish bones and snail shells we found in the garbage holes. Big animal bones like deer and bear were rare! That gives quite another look on what we think prehistoric people in North America were eating :)

Would love to connect with Morbid! I have of course great respect for Anubis, he is the patron of embalmers after all!

Tags: