Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1978 times)

RoseWolf

• Celtic Gray Witch & Shaman
    • View Profile
    • Rose Thorns & Wolves
  • Religion: Celtic Gray Witch & Shaman
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Greetings
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:41:17 am »
Hello! I am RoseWolf, or just Rose. I am a 34 year old single mother of a pre-teen. Plus an old man rat and a mini panther.

In my practice I am a Gray Witch of the Celtic Pantheon and a Shaman (novice). A solitary practitioner, I do enjoy social gatherings and getting to talk shop with others. I am also an empath (as is my daughter). I enjoy Tarot & Oracle Cards and yes, I have a problem with being unable to say no to a new deck calling my name. Oracle Decks are a serious weakness. I also Throw Lots/Bones, and feel the words of my ancestors and guides strongly through this practice.  I also do candle magic and enjoy writing my own spells. My basis comes from a Hereditary Tradition. My Matron is The Morrigan, and my Patron is Manannan mac Lir.

Otherwise, I'm an avid reader and love to write. Maybe one day I'll be a published author. I enjoy getting out into nature and hiking about. I love just being around my tribe/chosen family. I am sarcastic with my humor and love puns and dad jokes. I can be a bit literal... so I apologize for any potential misunderstandings.

Please never be afraid to engage me in conversation.

Brightest blessings, dear-hearts.

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:37:31 pm »
Hello! I am RoseWolf, or just Rose. I am a 34 year old single mother of a pre-teen. Plus an old man rat and a mini panther.

Hi Rose,
Nice to meet you

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 05:43:56 pm »
Hello! I am RoseWolf.

Hi Rose - it sounds to me as though you'll fit in well around here  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

RoseWolf

• Celtic Gray Witch & Shaman
    • View Profile
    • Rose Thorns & Wolves
  • Religion: Celtic Gray Witch & Shaman
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 06:19:07 pm »
Hi Rose,
Nice to meet you

Hello! Nice to meet you as well, as much as you can in this kind of setting.

Hi Rose - it sounds to me as though you'll fit in well around here  :)

Hello! And thank you! I'd like to think so as well. I'm already loving so much of what I've been reading. I think I'll be doing some lurking before posting anything for a bit.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 08:51:16 pm »

In my practice I am a Gray Witch of the Celtic Pantheon and a Shaman (novice). A solitary practitioner, I do enjoy social gatherings and getting to talk shop with others. I am also an empath (as is my daughter). I enjoy Tarot & Oracle Cards and yes, I have a problem with being unable to say no to a new deck calling my name. Oracle Decks are a serious weakness. I also Throw Lots/Bones, and feel the words of my ancestors and guides strongly through this practice.  I also do candle magic and enjoy writing my own spells. My basis comes from a Hereditary Tradition. My Matron is The Morrigan, and my Patron is Manannan mac Lir.

Otherwise, I'm an avid reader and love to write. Maybe one day I'll be a published author. I enjoy getting out into nature and hiking about. I love just being around my tribe/chosen family. I am sarcastic with my humor and love puns and dad jokes. I can be a bit literal... so I apologize for any potential misunderstandings.

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 06:59:50 pm »
In my practice I am a Gray Witch of the Celtic Pantheon and a Shaman (novice).
<snip>
My Matron is The Morrigan, and my Patron is Manannan mac Lir.

Hi, RoseWolf, welcome to TC!

Just so you know, many people here feel strongly about using words precisely, so, a couple of points about words you've used:

One, patron deities are patrons whatever their sex/gender, because 'matron' isn't the feminine form; the two words have developed separately, and mean quite different things. I give more detail about that in this post.

Two, 'shaman' is a word that's often used inappropriately. I'm not saying you're doing so, but please check out our Inclusivity FAQ for info on how you can be clearer about what you mean by it, and what the issues are.

Otherwise, I'm an avid reader and love to write.

We've got a lot of avid readers here (and some writers), so we love book discussions and are always glad to have new people to participate in them

We tend to be a pretty outspoken lot, so I doubt that'll be an issue :D.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

NorthWolf

• View Profile
  • Religion: Northern European Mix
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 02:20:37 pm »

Hello and Welcome!

Tags: introduction