collapse

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 750 times)

Syde

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: probably eclectic solitary
Greetings
« on: August 12, 2017, 02:41:04 am »
Hello. I am 27 years old and near central NJ. I am not sure what religion I am, but "eclectic solitary" seems to fit. I started a personal study of magick when I entered middle school, having encountered a spiritual guide a few year(s) prior.

I am not positive that I am using correct terminology. Keeping that in mind, here is the situation:
At this time, the desire for a certain bond is driving me crazy. I imagine it is similar to the bond between a familiar and a witch or a demon and a summoner. Somehow, I cannot think of myself as the witch or summoner. Friendships don't satisfy me, and romance isn't what I'm after. I want to be dear to someone, and I want someone to be dear to me. I can't tell if I'm just another lonely person searching for "the one."

Perhaps you can put a name to what I am feeling or point me toward helpful resources (or even the right forum). I've come to seek advice and guidance, but I also come in the hopes that I will find whomever I am meant to bond with.

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 05:04:52 am »
Hello. I am 27 years old and near central NJ. I am not sure what religion I am, but "eclectic solitary" seems to fit. I started a personal study of magick when I entered middle school, having encountered a spiritual guide a few year(s) prior.

I am not positive that I am using correct terminology. Keeping that in mind, here is the situation:
At this time, the desire for a certain bond is driving me crazy. I imagine it is similar to the bond between a familiar and a witch or a demon and a summoner. Somehow, I cannot think of myself as the witch or summoner. Friendships don't satisfy me, and romance isn't what I'm after. I want to be dear to someone, and I want someone to be dear to me. I can't tell if I'm just another lonely person searching for "the one."

Perhaps you can put a name to what I am feeling or point me toward helpful resources (or even the right forum). I've come to seek advice and guidance, but I also come in the hopes that I will find whomever I am meant to bond with.

Hiya, welcome to the forums :) what you're feeling could be longing for "the one" or just companionship in general.  Having a familar might ease this, as might being in a relationship with someone.  Here is some info on familiars, that you might find interesting.
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:33:03 pm »

Have you sat down and asked yourself why you want this so badly?

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:58 pm »

Greetings and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: