collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 254 times)

TsundokuTeaTime

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: In Flux
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Greetings!
« on: April 12, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »
Hello there, everyone!

My name's TsundokuTeaTime, but you can call me Tsun. XD

I'm in my 30s and going back to school to hopefully transition into a blossoming software developer. Not to mention the extra development MOOC courses I take for Comp Sci and trying to create things with code that aren't exploding errors. Would love pointers or any advice on that front! I have pretty low energy most of the time so my hobbies are reading, writing, gaming, programming, studying foreign languages and such things. Oh! And I love to cook/bake things! <3 My cats usually supervise.

So now that the mundane stuff is out of the way- a bit of history about my travels in religion and spirituality...

Grew up in a small rural town with a church on every corner. Devout Christian most of my life. Pentecostal. Then went to a Baptist church for a bit. Within this time I was slightly interested in Wiccan(most of the books around that time seemed predominately of this nature). I believed science could exist with Christianity but my church tried to force me to accept Christ and denounce evolution. So I renounced churches and practiced in isolation. Eventually, I would renounce Christianity fully. Though I've had amazing Christian friends and have nothing against the religion itself- just how the "flock" culture tends to get. I also never felt a connection to God.

It took a long time for me to get to the polytheistic Paganism I practice. I was introduced to it by someone I work closely with. It has been very liberating, and I still have so much more to learn. It's been very empowering and I love that I can finally have a connection. It continues to grow and change, as do I. Which is refreshing after years of stagnation.

I apologize if sometimes I may be cryptic or secretive about my practices/deities. Hopefully, I'll get to a point where I can be more open about it. I hope to learn a lot from you all and foster ongoing connections! Thanks for reading.
“It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself." ~Salvador Dali

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • I'm sorry, I can't - I have plans with my cats...
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:07:05 am »
Hello there, everyone!

Hello and welcome to TC, Tsun.
"Everything's made up of elements, right? Earth, Water, Air, Fire and... sunnink. Well-known fact. Everything's got 'em all mixed up just right."
Character Nobby Nobbs in the late, great Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld novel The Truth

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • ( Formerly known as EDF.)
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hindu with Christian and Pop-Culture Elements
  • Preferred Pronouns: Mostly she/her
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 12:39:36 pm »
Hello there, everyone!

Hello, welcome to The Cauldron!
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Tags: