collapse

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 230 times)

TsundokuTeaTime

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: In Flux
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Greetings!
« on: April 12, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »
Hello there, everyone!

My name's TsundokuTeaTime, but you can call me Tsun. XD

I'm in my 30s and going back to school to hopefully transition into a blossoming software developer. Not to mention the extra development MOOC courses I take for Comp Sci and trying to create things with code that aren't exploding errors. Would love pointers or any advice on that front! I have pretty low energy most of the time so my hobbies are reading, writing, gaming, programming, studying foreign languages and such things. Oh! And I love to cook/bake things! <3 My cats usually supervise.

So now that the mundane stuff is out of the way- a bit of history about my travels in religion and spirituality...

Grew up in a small rural town with a church on every corner. Devout Christian most of my life. Pentecostal. Then went to a Baptist church for a bit. Within this time I was slightly interested in Wiccan(most of the books around that time seemed predominately of this nature). I believed science could exist with Christianity but my church tried to force me to accept Christ and denounce evolution. So I renounced churches and practiced in isolation. Eventually, I would renounce Christianity fully. Though I've had amazing Christian friends and have nothing against the religion itself- just how the "flock" culture tends to get. I also never felt a connection to God.

It took a long time for me to get to the polytheistic Paganism I practice. I was introduced to it by someone I work closely with. It has been very liberating, and I still have so much more to learn. It's been very empowering and I love that I can finally have a connection. It continues to grow and change, as do I. Which is refreshing after years of stagnation.

I apologize if sometimes I may be cryptic or secretive about my practices/deities. Hopefully, I'll get to a point where I can be more open about it. I hope to learn a lot from you all and foster ongoing connections! Thanks for reading.
“It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself." ~Salvador Dali

PerditaPickle

• Sr. Master Member
  • What is this Personal Text then...?
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:07:05 am »
Hello there, everyone!

Hello and welcome to TC, Tsun.
"If I get on, Susan thought, it'll all start again.  I'll be out of the light and into the world beyond this one.  I'll fall off the tightrope.
But a voice inside her said, You want to, though...don't you...?
Ten seconds later, there was only the snow."
(Terry Pratchett's Hogfather)

EnderDragonFire

• Sr. Master Member
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hindu with Christian and Pop-Culture Elements
  • Preferred Pronouns: Mostly she/her
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 12:39:36 pm »
Hello there, everyone!

Hello, welcome to The Cauldron!
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Tags: