collapse

Author Topic: Good morning!  (Read 1689 times)

Haptalaon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Fencraft: Seekers of the Landweird
  • Religion: Fencraft (Pagan animism/trad witchcraft/cunning craft/folklore)
  • Preferred Pronouns: he
Good morning!
« on: April 26, 2020, 07:44:29 am »
Hello all,

I used to be a member a long while back, but couldn't remember my username (much less my password...). I really appreciate this forum. I appreciate its longevity, and I appreciate the old-school internet forum culture as an environment compared to "faster" social media: much better for meaty conversations and making friendships.

I'm doing a blend of land-centric animism, traditional witchcraft and religious paganism. I've given it a name and some structure, which feels a lot better than being eternally eclectic; I feel like I've got more of a direction now. In practice, it looks like going on a lot of walks and watching a tonne of folk horror. I'm writing up what I'm doing in a kind of handbook fashion, because there aren't enough step-by-step resources available for, say, reviving the cunning craft, and because I'm a person who benefits from a nice, clear set of instructions.

My big interests at the moment are collecting non-pagan resources which are evocative for pagan people - artwork and music and literature which one can use in a devotional way; and on writing about faith and religious paganism, as distinct from results magic or paganism as a hobby.

Mostly I'm just happy you're all still here. Hope everyone is well, and looking forward to talking more soon.
Pagan life blog: Haptalaon @ Dreamwidth
Fencraft Handbook: Seekers of the Landweird: for land-trance, pagan animism, folklore and traditional witchcraft

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Good morning!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 08:13:00 am »
Hello all

Hello there and welcome back - some of that sounds interesting.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 09:41:58 am »
I used to be a member a long while back, but couldn't remember my username (much less my password...). I really appreciate this forum. I appreciate its longevity, and I appreciate the old-school internet forum culture as an environment compared to "faster" social media: much better for meaty conversations and making friendships.

Good to see you over here! (And I'm very intrigued by your current work in progress. Also, very much in agreement about the joys of longform net communication.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Haptalaon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Fencraft: Seekers of the Landweird
  • Religion: Fencraft (Pagan animism/trad witchcraft/cunning craft/folklore)
  • Preferred Pronouns: he
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 10:24:47 am »
Also, very much in agreement about the joys of longform net communication.)

It's like breathing, or like rediscovering a piece of your soul. I've grieved the death of the old internet for years, and oh! the joy when I find actual forums still alive, or people still updating their blogs, and so forth. It's not gone, it's just harder to find.

And harder to participate in too: it's not disposeable, or fast, you can't click like, you have to actually read what people have written and then reply to it - which is a skill, I've discovered, one has to re-learn, when one has become used to just hitting like. But for that effort, it is so much more rich and satisfying. Long live the Cauldron. Long live vintage internet culture, may it never die.

Pagan life blog: Haptalaon @ Dreamwidth
Fencraft Handbook: Seekers of the Landweird: for land-trance, pagan animism, folklore and traditional witchcraft

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 03:42:30 pm »
I'm doing a blend of land-centric animism, traditional witchcraft and religious paganism. I've given it a name and some structure, which feels a lot better than being eternally eclectic; I feel like I've got more of a direction now. In practice, it looks like going on a lot of walks and watching a tonne of folk horror. I'm writing up what I'm doing in a kind of handbook fashion, because there aren't enough step-by-step resources available for, say, reviving the cunning craft, and because I'm a person who benefits from a nice, clear set of instructions.

This sounds really interesting! Welcome back to the Cauldron.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Tags: