collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Good evening all. I'm new,but does anyone really read these?  (Read 2195 times)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Re: Good evening all. I'm new,but does anyone really read these?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 08:13:45 am »
Quote from: Relic;58092

Welcome to the Cauldron!

... and while I can't promise that chat is ALWAYS free of cannibalism jokes, it's at least clearly someone (usually me) being weird and not remotely to be taken seriously!

.... unless Veggiewolf tries to stick her hand in my yarn basket again. ;)

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 08:15:46 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;58396
Welcome to the Cauldron!

... and while I can't promise that chat is ALWAYS free of cannibalism jokes, it's at least clearly someone (usually me) being weird and not remotely to be taken seriously!

.... unless Veggiewolf tries to stick her hand in my yarn basket again. ;)

She's allowed to as she DID take you to the yarn fair.....
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 08:20:05 am »
Quote from: Dark Midnight;58397
She's allowed to as she DID take you to the yarn fair.....

...what does one have to do with the other?  no hands in my yarn!

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/oboeadventures
Good evening all. I'm new,but does anyone really read these?
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 02:00:26 pm »
Quote from: Relic;58092
Hi everyone. As preciously stated, I'm new here. =)
I had searched a while back for a pagan forum or chat, and the results produced were quite disappointing. Though they didn't lead me here. They lead me to some small disturbing chat room full of small, disturbing people. =/ I was honestly quite surprised that these people were in a pagan chat, as they were joking lightheartedly about eating babies and raping people with cactus's... >_> Very bizarre stuff like that. And I was met with much animosity. I was very shocked that it was the first result that google came up with!
This forum, however, is so large I assume that nothing like that happens here. Plus, after glancing through a few threads, I haven't seen anything of the like, which is a huge relief.
My other half and I are both pagan, (I am a Neo-Druid and he is a Chaos Magician.) but it would sure be nice to meet some others. I live in a primarily Christian town, and all 2 of the remotely metaphysical shops that graced its presence have gone out of business, so there aren't many of us here in this town that I know of.
So out of curiosity, has anyone here run into either of these same problems when trying to find others, either in person or around the net? O_o

Hello.

I would love to tall to you more about neo-druidry since I'm just beginning to look into it myself. I hope you find what you need here in TC.

-Bluewave193

Relic

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 07:42:39 pm »
Quote from: bluewave193;58450
Hello.

I would love to tall to you more about neo-druidry since I'm just beginning to look into it myself. I hope you find what you need here in TC.

-Bluewave193

That sounds nice Bluewave. =3 I'm sure there's a lot I would love to chat about. Message me some time! I'd like to know how you came about druidry. =)

Relic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;58399
...what does one have to do with the other?  no hands in my yarn!

Ha ha! I love knitting. =3
I'm admittedly terrible at it. But it's quite soothing when I'm feeling twitchy! All I know how to make are scarfs... =P I know. I'm a loser.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 12:10:54 am »
Quote from: Relic;58862
I'm admittedly terrible at it. But it's quite soothing when I'm feeling twitchy! All I know how to make are scarfs... =P I know. I'm a loser.

Yeah, well, if you can make scarves, then all you need to learn to do is increases/decreases and to work in the round, and you'll be all set to make socks. :) I love making socks--such instant gratification! (Unless, of course, your feet are as big as mine.) Also, dishcloths are fantastic. They're Actual Useful Objects that you can knit in a hurry. I like.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:59 am »
Quote from: Relic;58862

hey, gotta start somewhere!  And starting somewhere other than /blankets/ is a good plan.  (which woulda been good advice to ME *mumble* years ago .....)

dishcloths are an EXCELLENT way to practice new things, by the way - doesn't matter if they look wonky, it's cheap cotton to clean things!  AND I like cotton ones better than most storebought anyway.

Tags: