Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: A Return to a Path and Learning  (Read 2110 times)

Clockwell

• View Profile
  • Religion: Borderline between Agnosticism and Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
A Return to a Path and Learning
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:18:03 pm »
Good evening (here at least),

I'm glad to have been lead to all of you here. You all can call me Clockwell. (He/Him)

My pagan path started in my teen years around 06 or so with an interest in Wicca and Neo-Druidism as I'm sure is true of most of us. Do to some familial issues and the growing stressors of life,  my spirituality fell on the back burner. I continued an interest from a scholarly point of view and recently with the world, especially the US, in a relatively tumultuous time, Ive felt a yearning for some type of spirituality and magic in my life and found myself turning to my scholarly interest in paganism in a more spiritual way.

I've always been more of a material realist while allowing others to have their faiths and beliefs and asking they'd respect mine in turn, so a shift toward spirituality comes with a bit of effort to climb out of my rut. Currently I exist somewhere in a gray zone between Agnoticism and Polytheism or Pantheism.

I'm originally from California and didn't have any pagans in my cohort growing up or through college. A few years ago my wife and I moved to Wisconsin for her to attend grad school and here we've become friends with some Heathens which has definitely had a positive influence on pushing me back toward paganism.

My main interests have settled around Celtic Pantheons, mostly Irish Celtic. I've done some reading and research on Celtic Reconstruction and moved on from that as a base with an effort to build my own personal practice.

I'm looking forward to growing alongside all of you!

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
Re: A Return to a Path and Learning
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 06:41:02 am »

I'm glad to have been lead to all of you here. You all can call me Clockwell. (He/Him)

My pagan path started in my teen years around 06 or so with an interest in Wicca and Neo-Druidism as I'm sure is true of most of us. Do to some familial issues and the growing stressors of life,  my spirituality fell on the back burner. I continued an interest from a scholarly point of view and recently with the world, especially the US, in a relatively tumultuous time, Ive felt a yearning for some type of spirituality and magic in my life and found myself turning to my scholarly interest in paganism in a more spiritual way.

I've always been more of a material realist while allowing others to have their faiths and beliefs and asking they'd respect mine in turn, so a shift toward spirituality comes with a bit of effort to climb out of my rut. Currently I exist somewhere in a gray zone between Agnoticism and Polytheism or Pantheism.

I'm originally from California and didn't have any pagans in my cohort growing up or through college. A few years ago my wife and I moved to Wisconsin for her to attend grad school and here we've become friends with some Heathens which has definitely had a positive influence on pushing me back toward paganism.

My main interests have settled around Celtic Pantheons, mostly Irish Celtic. I've done some reading and research on Celtic Reconstruction and moved on from that as a base with an effort to build my own personal practice.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a good time here!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 12:32:37 pm »

Hello Clockwell - it's good to have you here with us, a warm welcome to TC   :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 01:16:22 pm »

Welcome, Clockwell! I relate to your situation. I am an Agnostic Pagan Pantheist. Some differences, though. I have elements of Christian Paganism, as well as Hellenic. My main emphasis is also on Celtic Paganism. My core focus for a whole has been on Welsh gods -Cerridwen and Gwydion. They help me with spiritual transformation, self improvement, and the development of wisdom and inspiration (Awen). That said, I have lately been aproaching some Irish Gods- Donn for focus on life, death, aftrrlife, and ancestors. I have also been approaching Brigid for skill and the Morrigan for warrior spirit. So, again I welcome you! Maybe we could discuss Irish Gods at some point.

Clockwell

• View Profile
  • Religion: Borderline between Agnosticism and Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 07:52:21 pm »
Welcome, Clockwell! I relate to your situation. I am an Agnostic Pagan Pantheist. Some differences, though. I have elements of Christian Paganism, as well as Hellenic. My main emphasis is also on Celtic Paganism. My core focus for a whole has been on Welsh gods -Cerridwen and Gwydion. They help me with spiritual transformation, self improvement, and the development of wisdom and inspiration (Awen). That said, I have lately been aproaching some Irish Gods- Donn for focus on life, death, aftrrlife, and ancestors. I have also been approaching Brigid for skill and the Morrigan for warrior spirit. So, again I welcome you! Maybe we could discuss Irish Gods at some point.

Absolutely! I've been giving offerings to Brighid for the wisdom that she embodies and Lugh for his mastery of skills. I think we can all benefit from wisdom and as a musician I find giving thanks to the many-skilled Lugh makes sense.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 09:20:57 pm »

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: