collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: *waves* Hello to everyone from the Milwaukee area!  (Read 1066 times)

merrivere

*waves* Hello to everyone from the Milwaukee area!
« on: February 24, 2017, 02:20:04 pm »
Hello all! I'm Merri, just your typical 20-something college student from Milwaukee.

I've found a few communities like this online and joined a couple of them, but this seems to be a bit more active than some of the others I've joined thus far. I'm eager to meet fellow pagans and practitioners of all sorts on here and learn different things I can do to benefit my craft.

I've been drawn to paganism from a very young age, and practicing it tentatively since maybe 12 or so. But, I feel like since I was raised Catholic, a religion with such a rigid structure, I was always confused and thrown off at the level of freedom paganism allowed, always thinking that there had to be a series of rules and rites someone had to follow and go through in order to "truly belong", and stepped back from time to time.

The older I've grown, the more I understand and embrace what paganism is as a whole, and what it means to me as well. I would say as far as my craft goes, I'm a green witch/kitchen witch, although I've recently started developing an interest in things such as runes and sigils, and am eager to learn more about anything that could be taught to me!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: *waves* Hello to everyone from the Milwaukee area!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 02:33:42 pm »
Quote from: merrivere;203200
Hello all! I'm Merri, just your typical 20-something college student from Milwaukee.

Welcome to TC
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

merrivere

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:01:48 pm »
Quote from: Pickle;203203
Welcome to TC

^_^ Thanks! I look forward to meeting other pagans/witches and everyone under the umbrella that "paganism" represents here

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:38:23 pm »

I've found a few communities like this online and joined a couple of them, but this seems to be a bit more active than some of the others I've joined thus far. I'm eager to meet fellow pagans and practitioners of all sorts on here and learn different things I can do to benefit my craft.

I've been drawn to paganism from a very young age, and practicing it tentatively since maybe 12 or so. But, I feel like since I was raised Catholic, a religion with such a rigid structure, I was always confused and thrown off at the level of freedom paganism allowed, always thinking that there had to be a series of rules and rites someone had to follow and go through in order to "truly belong", and stepped back from time to time.

The older I've grown, the more I understand and embrace what paganism is as a whole, and what it means to me as well. I would say as far as my craft goes, I'm a green witch/kitchen witch, although I've recently started developing an interest in things such as runes and sigils, and am eager to learn more about anything that could be taught to me!

Hello and welcome!!!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 05:59:27 pm »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

dubba814

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 10:26:26 pm »
Hey!! I'm from Moorhead, Minnesota and seem to be going down a similar path as you I've just joined forums, but have been reading and soul searching on this for awhile. It's nice to see multiple Midwesterners on my first day in this particular forum, we're a pretty conservative part of the country, so I feel the perception one could get is that we're isolated in our beliefs. It's beautiful that we actually are not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 09:18:26 pm »

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: