Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Humor/Quiz: There, I said it!  (Read 201790 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: There, I said it!
« Reply #2460 on: October 14, 2019, 04:04:28 pm »

Samsung Galaxy Tab3 I really like you but you've upset me tonight by losing my draft post I'd carefully written out, just so you know - be more careful, please   :P

Edited because oh poop.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:06:35 pm by PerditaPickle »
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #2461 on: October 16, 2019, 03:53:16 pm »
One of the most popular ongoing humor threads of the SMF Board, it was only natural to have it restarted here.

Got something that's bugging you?  Vent it here!  Preferably in the most over-the-top fashion that you wouldn't dare to do in real life.  Just remember to end your vent with the phrase "There, I said it!"

(Note: As a staff member, I think I should start by instituting a prohibition against venting about other members)

Bruno Mars,

STOP IT!

There. I said it.

Yay, a place to have a rant at last.

Dear UK,

Can someone bash the heads of everyone together for a moment.

Seriously, leaving the EU ( or not ) is not going to make all our problems disappear 'poof'. If we spent half the energy trying to fix them that we have shouting and swearing at each other ( well some of us ) we'd probably have fixed them by now..

Someone hand me a 2 x 4.

There I said it..

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 16, 2019, 03:59:04 pm »
Dear UK,

Oo, this is off topic but I managed to miss the fact you're a fellow UK Cauldronite and to promote the UK Cauldronites SIG to you - check it out, if you haven't already!

And, yeah, don't you Brexit at me, what were you, raised in a barn?  (JK  ;))
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 16, 2019, 06:57:29 pm »

Dear Mercedes Lackey,

You turned Scooby Doo into a Valdemar book, WTF? I can't decide if that's brilliant or stupid. I don't know if I should have put this in the positive TISI thread. Shaggy is a Herald and Scooby is a Kyree and the plot is about investigating mysterious disappearances, I can't even. (At least they're supporting characters and the names are changed, but *still*.) If the villain ends the book saying "I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling Heralds", I may just scream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 28, 2019, 01:48:53 pm »
One of the most popular ongoing humor threads of the SMF Board, it was only natural to have it restarted here.

Got something that's bugging you?  Vent it here!  Preferably in the most over-the-top fashion that you wouldn't dare to do in real life.  Just remember to end your vent with the phrase "There, I said it!"

(Note: As a staff member, I think I should start by instituting a prohibition against venting about other members)

Ok, huge rant warning.

I have to say this as it's been building up all afternoon, ever since I felt the focus.

When did all people who wanted Brexit suddenly become angry old f**rts, when did all those who didn't all become young idealists with no clue of the world? Were all Trump supporters always white supremists or all anti Trumps always liberal idiots who don't care about the world? Are all green supporters misguided children control by fake news sellers and all big companies evil ozone eaters?
When did so many people start seeing others as grey shadowy groups without names or personality? What is wrong with the world? Are there still people out there who look and listen beyond a label to here who each other really is??!

And why., oh, why, has my chest been burning with fire and my blood gone molten with so much flaming anger at those idiots ( I really want to shout here )...?

That was a party political broadcast for the really angry party. We now return you to our regular broadcast

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: January 07, 2020, 07:17:00 pm »

This week I learned that rotten eggs do not, in fact, smell like natural gas indicator.
And that Easter decorations may be more perishable than they appear.  :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: January 09, 2020, 06:04:37 pm »
This week I learned that rotten eggs do not, in fact, smell like natural gas indicator.
And that Easter decorations may be more perishable than they appear.  :(

On the plus side that does give you an excuse for eating Easter eggs early ;)

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 20, 2020, 09:35:21 pm »

The news is finally covering something other than Coronavirus ... it's a mass shooting.  :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

arete

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan
« Reply #2468 on: May 17, 2020, 06:58:13 am »

I am not a christian.
I am not a Platonist or Neoplatonist.

There. I said it.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2469 on: June 02, 2020, 09:07:12 pm »

Dear (several, though not all) fellow grocery-shoppers,

Do you do that when you're driving your car, too: go the wrong way down one-way streets? ALL THOSE ARROWS ON THE FLOOR AND AT THE ENDS OF THE AISLES ARE THERE FOR. A. REASON.

Yes, it's a nuisance to have to go up an aisle you don't want anything from, just so that you can come down the one next to it that you do want something from. Suck it up, buttercup, this is the 'new normal', at least for the next several months.

Signed, Me.

TIFSI!!!
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: August 27, 2020, 06:37:19 pm »
Dear (several, though not all) fellow grocery-shoppers,

Dear coworker,

I hope you feel smart in taking the 'Ancient Aliens' show seriously, because you don't sound smart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #2471 on: November 15, 2020, 10:59:06 am »
Dear coworker,

I hope you feel smart in taking the 'Ancient Aliens' show seriously, because you don't sound smart.

Maybe they'll be abducted along with the fool who thought this was a good idea...

Dear T&Co,

Which of your marketing geniuses thought it would be appropriate to sell a $1025 tin food can as home decor? 

And who thought they could make it *even better* by turning it into a  fecking baby bank?

There's bad taste in decorating and then there's poor taste in messaging.  Congrats, you've managed to hit both. In a year when food-insecurity is at an all-time high and food banks are struggling to keep up with demand, this isn't ironic, cute, or funny. 

May you be blessed with insolvency and an incurable overdose of new-found compassion and empathy for others.

TISI,
Aisling

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #2472 on: June 27, 2021, 02:12:04 pm »

Dear Dudebro,

Do not throw shade at someone steeped in shadows, for they might be inclined put out your lights.

Let me explain this in the simplest terms.  There are two appropriate responses when you see a stranger walking very slowly on a treadmill at a fitness center:
1. (Recommended) Mind your own business and leave them alone.
2. (If You Must Open Your Mouth)  Say hello and then go about your business.

What is not appropriate to say under any circumstances:  "You might actually lose some weight if you turn that thing on." 

It was precious how offended you were when I told you to "F*ck off".  Really, 10/10 for your imitation of a fish out of water.   

Furthermore, "Can't you take a joke" is the defense of bullies and narcissists through the ages, so you might want to rethink that one too.

You are not owed politeness, civility, or respect. Nor do I owe you any form of explanation for actions that were in no way impacting you. So, yes,  f*ck you and f*ck your misogynistic, ableist, fat-shaming, silverback-posturing remarks.

TISI,
Aisling, who does, in fact, have a sense of humor when something is actually funny

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: June 27, 2021, 07:19:51 pm »
Dear Dudebro,

Do not throw shade at someone steeped in shadows, for they might be inclined put out your lights.

Let me explain this in the simplest terms.  There are two appropriate responses when you see a stranger walking very slowly on a treadmill at a fitness center:

What is not appropriate to say under any circumstances:  "You might actually lose some weight if you turn that thing on." 

It was precious how offended you were when I told you to "F*ck off".  Really, 10/10 for your imitation of a fish out of water.   

Furthermore, "Can't you take a joke" is the defense of bullies and narcissists through the ages, so you might want to rethink that one too.

You are not owed politeness, civility, or respect. Nor do I owe you any form of explanation for actions that were in no way impacting you. So, yes,  f*ck you and f*ck your misogynistic, ableist, fat-shaming, silverback-posturing remarks.

TISI,
Aisling, who does, in fact, have a sense of humor when something is actually funny

Sorry you had to experience that - but this ^ was a very well articulated post.
(From the Metta Sutta)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2474 on: June 28, 2021, 11:00:15 am »
Dear Dudebro,

TISI,

1) The things some people feel entitled to say and do!

2) As a an excessively body-conscious gym rat, I keep my attitude in the gym simple: I don't care what you look like. If you get yourself to the gym, esp. on a regular basis, you deserve respect. Period.

Wish I'd been there. I'd have had a thing or two to say to him too! (Likely: "You're a fucking slob of the soul.")
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: