Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: There are two kinds of people when Christmas decorations appear in the shops...  (Read 7738 times)

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile

Saw this on facebook. Had to share with you guys. So which are you?

I'm Théoden although my reaction is probably a bit more like this:

Earliest sighting this year was in September when Christmas mince pies started to appear in the supermarket. OK yeah, mince pies can be eaten all year around. But not when the packaging has changed from the non-Christmas packaging to the Christmas packaging. In September. I can't.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:40:46 am by Aranel »

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
Quote from: Aranel;129624

Earliest sighting this year was in September when Christmas mince pies started to appear in the supermarket. OK yeah, mince pies can be eaten all year around. But not when the packaging has changed from the non-Christmas packaging to the Christmas packaging. In September. I can't.

I saw this on Tumblr earlier. I'm DEFINITELY a Théoden when it comes to this XD
I'm bah humbug personified :p
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile

Probably a combination of Snape and that child in the GIFs you posted.

What exactly is the shelf life on those things?  I would hope that they aren't stocking up now for Christmas Day itself.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them

This is easy - I simply refuse to acknowledge Christmas until December. And then I thoroughly enjoy myself - but not until then. (Actually, not until I hear 'Fairytale of New York', either on the radio or out in public. Seasonal divination through Christmas music.) I'm in denial right now, to the extent of leaving a couple of shops because the bloody music is not acceptable in November - it's still autumn!
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her

I try to avoid shops until the third week of November so I can be more like Buddy. But if it's before the third week of November, I'm definitely Theoden.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan

I'm definitely a mix between Théoden and Kim. My birthday is 5 December, so I look forward to that starting (American) Thanksgiving. THEN AND ONLY THEN will I look forward to Christmas.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: Morag;129639
But if it's before the third week of November, I'm definitely Theoden.

Same here, although I'm particularly Theoden when I see Christmas stuff in stores in September and October.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile

Until December I am definitely Theoden/ Snape. I cannot cope with Christmas stuff before then.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
I try to avoid shops until the third week of November so I can be more like Buddy. But if it's before the third week of November, I'm definitely Theoden.

Ditto.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

ALiteraryLady

• Journeyman
    • View Profile

I wish I could do this but with working in retail, the only way to hold back my sanity is to hold off putting in the Christmas music CD until right before my district manager comes to visit. *sad face* WHY ARE THERE 20 DIFFERENT VARIATIONS OF WHITE CHIRSTMAS ON A SINGLE CD?! *looks around* Sorry about that, I thought I had contained that to just my head.

Also, with nearly a week less of shopping time, I'm already dealing with batshit nuts and death threats...I work at a shoe store. Chances are I'll be more like Buddy after new years when people start to calm the fuck down and I'll be able to see my family.

Here's to next year!

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
There are two kinds of people when Christmas decorations appear in the shops...
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 11:35:22 am »
Quote from: ALiteraryLady;129701
I wish I could do this but with working in retail, the only way to hold back my sanity is to hold off putting in the Christmas music CD until right before my district manager comes to visit. *sad face* WHY ARE THERE 20 DIFFERENT VARIATIONS OF WHITE CHIRSTMAS ON A SINGLE CD?! *looks around* Sorry about that, I thought I had contained that to just my head.

Also, with nearly a week less of shopping time, I'm already dealing with batshit nuts and death threats...I work at a shoe store. Chances are I'll be more like Buddy after new years when people start to calm the fuck down and I'll be able to see my family.

Here's to next year!

Can I just say from over here in the electronics store, THANK YOU. People are absolutely batshit. It's ruined the holidays for me.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile

I'm definitely Theoden/ Snape (even my own mother) especially around September/October when there's Christmas decorations mixed with Halloween. Dude....seriously?! I no longer have that Christmas-y feeling anymore. I don't care if people want to shop super early, it RUINS the mood of the holidays.

Olivia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;130423
I'm definitely Theoden/ Snape (even my own mother) especially around September/October when there's Christmas decorations mixed with Halloween. Dude....seriously?! I no longer have that Christmas-y feeling anymore. I don't care if people want to shop super early, it RUINS the mood of the holidays.

I start out as Elf but by the time Christmas comes around Im more like Scrooge.

I spent the whole day shopping today. Im doing this thing for charity. You get a list of things that an unfortunate kid wants for Christmas and you either buy them everything on their list or a few things.  I took two lists and ended buying everything on both list. It has never felt so awesome to shop.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science

Well, September-October-Early November my reaction to Christmas paraphernalia in the stores is:

But come roughly about this time (ie. weekend before Thanksgiving week) I start to be more in the spirit. On the day after Thanksgiving I immediately turn into a Christmas elf on crack and the "Holiday Music" channel on my television is on 24/7 until some time after the New Year, due to my firm belief that Christmas music is the greatest musical genre ever devised.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Nekomata

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: Castus;130450
Well, September-October-Early November my reaction to Christmas paraphernalia in the stores is:

But come roughly about this time (ie. weekend before Thanksgiving week) I start to be more in the spirit. On the day after Thanksgiving I immediately turn into a Christmas elf on crack and the "Holiday Music" channel on my television is on 24/7 until some time after the New Year, due to my firm belief that Christmas music is the greatest musical genre ever devised.

I worked retail, I am feeling that right along with all of you still dealing with any kind of customer right now. I am a Theodan until my husband starts decorating ( which I refuse to let him do until December:p ) and then my kitties attacking ornaments and garland will let me deal with all the intensified stupid that is people during the holidays
"It starts with reading books through your butt, then it goes to speaking through your butt, then your head gets stuck up your butt and then help is needed to pull it out"- Neteruhemta

"Ah, quiet insular communities. There\'s always something nasty going on behind closed doors. I hope it involves chains. I hope they ask me to join in."- Zevran Arainai

Tags: