Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Summer Project - Input Very Welcome  (Read 3764 times)

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Project - Input Very Welcome
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »
Quote from: GoldenSiren;60698

I hoped I helped out a little bit, and if you want more suggestions just let me know! I can go outside and find more types than the ones off the top of my head :P

Oh it helped! It added to the list of things to research and know. Thank you for the tips!

I appreciate the time your took to give the input very much. I have not tried basil yet, but want to. I may have to get a pot going for replanting.

I am going to have to look into the trumpet vine. There is one of them on the trail and  every time I think it can't get bigger, it does!

Quote from: Erinnightwalker;61278
I take it back. The STEM is 2 foot and going. I dug and dug and still didn't hit root. Holy sheeeYIT.

Haa! I haven't found the roots of the morning glories yet. I think they are under under the porch. Crafty little boogers.

I took your advice about the giant pricker weed and finally have it removed! It filled an entire wheel barrow! I didn't get stuck once using your method. The roots were pretty loose given the recent rain.

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]                 [attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Finally finished the fence and I can feel it in my muscles and joints, but I wanted to get that monster dug up before I start full force on regular weeding and tilling. So glad it is done!

I think I will take one day of rest at the beach and then it's dirt and sweat for me. I have some research to do about leveling land and retaining wall building, but my parents visited and my mother gave her feng shui input, so I know where the entrance is going to go now.

Here is a fawn I saw today in case anyone is missing their cute quota (it's a booty shot but still cute IMO):

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:46:25 pm by Annie Roonie »

GoldenSiren

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 02:17:54 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;61287
Oh it helped! It added to the list of things to research and know. Thank you for the tips!

I appreciate the time your took to give the input very much. I have not tried basil yet, but want to. I may have to get a pot going for replanting.

I am going to have to look into the trumpet vine. There is one of them on the trail and  every time I think it can't get bigger, it does!
You're welcome :) and the trumpet vines can easily grow taller than a 2 story house, if it has enough surface to climb on. Trust me, I know ;) oh, and another thing. I wouldn't recommend ivy for any kind of perennial coverage. Most types cannot live through the harsher winters, and if the summers get too hot, they can dry up and die :'( I've had quite a few depressing experiences with trying to grow them. HOWEVER, if you want some outdoor pots for some annuals, they add some nice interest if you plant them at the edge of the pot and let them hang down off the side or front, with brightly colored flowers behind. Just a thought :)

Quote from: Annie Roonie;61287
Here is a fawn I saw today in case anyone is missing their cute quota (it's a booty shot but still cute IMO):

Awwww! ^.^ that's adorable! I love baby animals~
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:19:49 am by GoldenSiren »
Déjà Moo
/ˌdāZHä ˈmo͞o/
noun

The feeling that you\'ve already heard this bull before :lub:

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 12:36:06 pm »
Quote from: GoldenSiren;61684
You're welcome :) and the trumpet vines can easily grow taller than a 2 story house, if it has enough surface to climb on. Trust me, I know ;) oh, and another thing. I wouldn't recommend ivy for any kind of perennial coverage. Most types cannot live through the harsher winters, and if the summers get too hot, they can dry up and die :'( I've had quite a few depressing experiences with trying to grow them. HOWEVER, if you want some outdoor pots for some annuals, they add some nice interest if you plant them at the edge of the pot and let them hang down off the side or front, with brightly colored flowers behind. Just a thought :)

I have trumpets vines in mind! They have not bloomed on the trail here yet, but I am watching them grow. There is so much space in the back yard and beds that I will either have to till under or fix up and use.

My ivy is in those removable type window boxes and so far it has been okay. Although our winters have been very mild.  I may need to move them inside this year depending.

Right now, I am contemplating renting a tiller for the circle spot. I have it half dug up and my arms are holding out okay, but when I look at all the dirt clods I have to break down and places I need to tamp, well, I want to be able to use my arms again when school starts back! ha!

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Well, I better get back to it. I must admit these internet breaks are nice.

Tags: