Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Started a Youtube  (Read 7798 times)

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Started a Youtube
« on: January 08, 2020, 04:23:17 pm »
So I started a witchy-garden specific Youtube channel today. I only have the intro video now, but I hope to update on a semi-regular basis (and I already have topic ideas for about 20+ more videos haha). If there's a specific topic you'd like to see let me know and maybe I can make it happen. Also you get to see my face! lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpnI4dO2-xnwVwP6dWtrYdw/?fbclid=IwAR10W3pQZ1DfFfksv3gPCQkSPmyGgsH05q1eMIPXn04pDiXSFh0c_Xcz9Yg

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: Started a Youtube
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 04:45:47 pm »
So I started a witchy-garden specific Youtube channel today. I only have the intro video now, but I hope to update on a semi-regular basis (and I already have topic ideas for about 20+ more videos haha). If there's a specific topic you'd like to see let me know and maybe I can make it happen. Also you get to see my face! lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpnI4dO2-xnwVwP6dWtrYdw/?fbclid=IwAR10W3pQZ1DfFfksv3gPCQkSPmyGgsH05q1eMIPXn04pDiXSFh0c_Xcz9Yg

This looks like it's going to be very interesting ( I'm afraid with my computor's sound I had a hard time hearing some of what you said ).
You were talking about the use of plants and growing by Sabbats however, I didn't hear any mention ( see note on my computer sound system ) of how or if you use the garden itself or a space of it for ritual or as an altar. As someone wanting to do something along those lines in my garden that would be of interest but I also realise that's a very personal thing

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 07:05:03 pm »

It's a good start! I like your presenting style, not too scripted and not too rambling, and interacting with the camera like a person listening.

I too had a bit of trouble with sound quality - I'm guessing you're using the built-in mike on the camera, and I've heard those are usually not so great. YouTube's auto-subtitle function took care of that, though (It knows 'Yule' but 'Imbolc' came out as 'in bulk'  ;D ).

If you're planning to do any hands-on videos, have you got a head- or body-mount for the camera?

I'm also curious about what climate you're working in - unless I missed you mentioning it? Like Zone, altitude, rainfall, etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 09:20:12 pm »
I too had a bit of trouble with sound quality - I'm guessing you're using the built-in mike on the camera, and I've heard those are usually not so great. YouTube's auto-subtitle function took care of that, though (It knows 'Yule' but 'Imbolc' came out as 'in bulk'  ;D ).

If you're planning to do any hands-on videos, have you got a head- or body-mount for the camera?

I'm also curious about what climate you're working in - unless I missed you mentioning it? Like Zone, altitude, rainfall, etc.

Sound issues were also something I'd noticed as well- it comes across OK on my headphones but not so great on my computer. Upgrading from my phone is something that will probably occur on or about Mother's day if I can stick with things enough to make it worthwhile. :)

I'm in Virginia, zone 7b, and that's definitely something I'm going to address in some of the videos talking about basic gardening info. Because what I have to say is likely to be not applicable to people in certain zones and that needs to be made clear in the future.

I have a basic tripod setup, and plan on using that outside as well; I was never a big fan of first-person videos (or video games) as they tend to trigger my vertigo, so I wasn't planning on shooting in that style either.

You were talking about the use of plants and growing by Sabbats however, I didn't hear any mention ( see note on my computer sound system ) of how or if you use the garden itself or a space of it for ritual or as an altar. As someone wanting to do something along those lines in my garden that would be of interest but I also realise that's a very personal thing

I actually do have a ritual space outside, and will probably show it off sometime in the future. It will just have to wait until it's warmer and everything isn't a frosted mess out there, haha

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 10:22:31 am »
Sound issues were also something I'd noticed as well- it comes across OK on my headphones but not so great on my computer. Upgrading from my phone is something that will probably occur on or about Mother's day if I can stick with things enough to make it worthwhile. :)

Just wanted to give an update that I did get a new microphone, so hopefully sound is improved on the newest video. I showed how I made the incense for our grove's upcoming Imbolc ritual. It's super hard to do gardening videos in January, y'all. I'm really looking forward to a bit of warm.

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 01:41:11 pm »
Just wanted to give an update that I did get a new microphone, so hopefully sound is improved on the newest video. I showed how I made the incense for our grove's upcoming Imbolc ritual. It's super hard to do gardening videos in January, y'all. I'm really looking forward to a bit of warm.
Some even say it's hard to talk in front of a camera for an audience on the interwebs at that, so many props, and good on you for sharing! I'm looking forward to a bit of warm as well.
Semper Fidelis

Tags: