Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Garden: Sedum Dragon's Blood  (Read 1541 times)

chworkman

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Sedum Dragon's Blood
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:19 pm »
I just got a great starter plant for my kitchen herb garden, Sedum Dragon's Blood.  It's a beautiful plant that is just shooting off with the rest of them, and I am thinking I might have to transplant it to the outside array of plants I have after doing some digging about it!  My question for everyone out there is, besides it's beauty, what can I do with it?  I've seen some wonderful suggestions for it but it is the wrong Dragon's Blood!  It's the climber, not the tree!  Suggestions??:confused:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:44:56 am by RandallS »

Breeze

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Sedum Dragon's Blood
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:23:36 pm »
Quote from: chworkman;112993
I just got a great starter plant for my kitchen herb garden, Sedum Dragon's Blood.  It's a beautiful plant that is just shooting off with the rest of them, and I am thinking I might have to transplant it to the outside array of plants I have after doing some digging about it!  My question for everyone out there is, besides it's beauty, what can I do with it?  I've seen some wonderful suggestions for it but it is the wrong Dragon's Blood!  It's the climber, not the tree!  Suggestions??:confused:

Well, I've never used Sedum before so this is just what I've been able to find regarding the properties of regular Sedum and some pondering on possible additional aspects.

Sedum is typically used to harmonize the energy and flow within the home and for creating a welcoming feeling.  Thinking about your "Dragon's Blood" variety, we could apply some dragon-ish energy to it.  Dragon's hoard, protect, and guard.  So you could experiment with using it to protect or guard your home, it might work well to guard the material objects on your property.

In the fall, this variety of Sedum turns a deep Mauve or Wine color, both of which are ruled by Saturn; a planet classically associated with restricting, binding, and protecting.  

So, I'd say that your variety of Sedum would be good for some sort of protection work.  I could be wrong.  How does the plant's energy feel?  Do any of the above-mentioned uses seem in line with the plant's energy?

chworkman

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Sedum Dragon's Blood
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:21:10 pm »
Quote from: Breeze;113023
Well, I've never used Sedum before so this is just what I've been able to find regarding the properties of regular Sedum and some pondering on possible additional aspects.

Sedum is typically used to harmonize the energy and flow within the home and for creating a welcoming feeling.  Thinking about your "Dragon's Blood" variety, we could apply some dragon-ish energy to it.  Dragon's hoard, protect, and guard.  So you could experiment with using it to protect or guard your home, it might work well to guard the material objects on your property.

In the fall, this variety of Sedum turns a deep Mauve or Wine color, both of which are ruled by Saturn; a planet classically associated with restricting, binding, and protecting.  

So, I'd say that your variety of Sedum would be good for some sort of protection work.  I could be wrong.  How does the plant's energy feel?  Do any of the above-mentioned uses seem in line with the plant's energy?

Thanks so much for your input!  That makes just a TON of sense to me!  Now that you mention it, the energy I feel just being near it, not even trying to sense it, is quite powerful.  Since I've brought it home and placed it near my other herbs, they have all seemed to just flourish, especially my Valerian and my Lavender!  My mint is also humongous, it is actually touching the ceiling now, I have to admit I have never seen a 3 foot high mint plant!:eek:  I do believe I have stumbled upon a very good thing with my Sedum and bringing it's energy into my herbal kitchen.  Thanks again!

Tags: